Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Import from Rekordbox doesn't refresh
danhashHome userMember since 2024
VirtualDJ's view of my Rekordbox library doesn't update when I add tracks to a playlist in Rekordbox. Even after closing Rekordbox and rebooting my computer, when I open VirtualDJ, its view of my Rekordbox playlists doesn't have the new tracks.

Sometimes the playlists get updated in VirtualDJ after several hours or a day or two, but I don't see a way to force a refresh. How can I force VirtualDJ to refresh its import of Rekordbox?

Posted Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 8:49 pm
Hey Bro, I had this weird thing too, actually mine didnt even show the playlist anymore.

Idk exactly how I fixed it, but I first made sure all the Rekordbox Libraries and settings were set to default. I think VDJ only looks at those spots. Then I opened up VDJ and clicked the circle above the A+ in the bottom left, then I clicked reset root folders.

Then all my playlist were there and updated.

Posted Tue 14 May 24 @ 9:30 pm
The playlist still shows up, but it's not updated.

I've contacted support multiple times, posted in this forum, and on Reddit, and nobody has provided a single piece of information on even how to check the import process on complete it manually

Posted Thu 20 Jun 24 @ 3:54 pm
After 5 weeks, 4 support tickets, and a live chat, VirtualDJ support has potentially fixed the issue. There is a setting in VirtualDJ called "keepSortOrder" which defaults to "Yes".

- This setting apparently causes VirtualDJ to ignore any changes to playlist order in Rekordbox, so if you reorder your playlist in Rekordbox, VirtualDJ will *intentionally* ignore that change.
- The default setting is "Yes", which means the default behavior is to ignore playlist changes.
- The description of the change in VirtualDJ's settings dialog is: "Keep the sort order when you change folder". This does not explain the behavior related to importing playlists from Rekordbox
- As of 6/20/24, this behavior is not documented anywhere on the VirtualDJ website related to Rekordbox import
- As of 6/20/24, this behavior is not documented here: https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/rekordboxsettings.html

This explains why a fresh install of VirtualDJ will "fix" the problem, since it will import the current state of playlists from Rekordbox. However any changes to playlist order from that point forward will be intentionally ignored in VirtualDJ.

So if you experience the issue of updates to Rekordbox playlists being ignored by VirtualDJ, the apparent fix is:
1. In VirtualDJ, change setting "keepSortOrder" to "No"
2. Make sure Order column is showing
3. If needed, Right click column heading and click "reset sort order"

Changing this setting may affect other functionality in VirtualDJ, so use at your own risk.

Posted Thu 20 Jun 24 @ 6:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Even with keepSortOrder set to yes, it should be sufficient to right click the column header and select 'reset sort order' to see the list in the original order

Posted Thu 20 Jun 24 @ 6:25 pm