Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sort order not preserving
Hello!

I've noticed this issue crop up about 3 or 4 updates ago? I make a List and start adding songs to it, making sure to enable "Keep order", which works fine until a point. After about 10 songs in the list, no matter what I do after that, when I leave the list and come back to it later the songs are out of order. The new songs I add to the list always show at the top (number 1, 2, 3, etc) and even if I make a new list and copy them over to the new list the sort order is always wrong when I go back to the list.

Has anyone noticed this? It's driving me insane I have to re-order the list every time I open it.

Thanks!
-D

Posted Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 6:58 pm
Ok I got a work around. Apparently a Subfolder list never keeps it's order. I made a List directly under the Parent "My Lists" directory and that keeps the order fine. But the new List Subfolders do not keep order even though they have the option to "Keep order".

Virtual DJ please fix this!

Posted Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 12:32 am
Will be fixed in next build.
Thank you for reporting it.

In the meantime, if you don't use the hotplug functionality, select "disable hotplug" on the list and the keeporder will works as expected.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 8:22 am
Thank you Stephane, it did it again this morning but picking Disable Hotplug fixed it again.
Cheers!

Posted Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 8:22 pm
Found another weird quirk. When you Favorite a List and open the Favorite it does not preserve sort order, but when you go back to the actual List the order is there.

Posted Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 4:05 pm