Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2024 Issues - Drive / filetype ignoring not working
mpuschPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello,

I am having some issues after upgrading to the new version.

I have some .cbz files on my PC that are for some reason showing up in my library. Not only is '.cbz' not in my fileFormats list - the cbz files are located on a drive that contains no music, and is in my ignoreDrives list.

Do i need to delete all VDJ folders from the extra drive or something?

Is there some special way i need to remove things from my library so the ignoreDrives setting takes effect?

Thanks

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 2:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You mean they come up when searching? When you check the tag editor, the extension is actually cbz?

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 8:27 am
mpuschPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Adion wrote :
You mean they come up when searching? When you check the tag editor, the extension is actually cbz?

I managed to get the files removed from my library by doing a "Remove from Search DB" operation on them.

I think I figured out my crashing issue... apparently I had enabled recursion on my library, which apparently has ~288,000 files in it (maybe 18,000 of which are audio). Any time I click my library with recurse on the program hangs for a long time.

I'm fairly sure this is how the .cbz files were added in the first place (although again id be concerned that the fileFormats filter isn't working).

I have tried re-enabling recursion again, and it seems that the .cbz files are not being re-added now. I didn't change the fileFormats, and I don't have anything in ignoreDrives. Not sure why the functionality changed, not that it's a bad thing.

It seems that enabling recursion also re-added a ton of online music to my library that i had previously deleted - im assuming it was coming from my history. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks for the help :)

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 5:17 pm