Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 'Add to Search db' issue
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Since updating to 2024, occasionally when I have right clicked a drive and selected "'add to Search db", the message appears 'add to db ..." but nothing happens, the message stays there permanently and new files do NOT appear in the database.
The only way to access the new files is to close VDJ then restart. At this point the new files are in the database without having to try adding them again.
It has happened twice this week since I updated and today, after it failed I tried to add another drive to the database to see if this would give it a kick but now the notification area says
'add to dj DVideo (O_)/add to db DMusic (M_)'.

EDIT:
Today it is happening every time I try to add a drive to the search db, I've restarted VDJ multiple times and my laptop but each time I try to add to search db it fails until I restart the program.

I have a 4tb SSD with 3 partitions
T4 Music (M_)
T4 Karaoke (N_)
T4 Video (O_)

I am trying to add new files from favourites I have created in the main folder list, I have deleted and recreated these favourites in case that was the problem since you undated all the folders but that hasn't helped.

I have noticed that when right click the M: drive and select "Add to search db", if I then hover my mouse over the message in the notification area 'add to db T4 Music (M_)' it filckers and a pop up appears briefly and repeatedly underneath. The pop up is 4-7 (approx) lines deep and says for example

'checking cd
checking cd
checking cd
checking cd
checking queued'

The 'checking queued' message only appears occasionally at the bottom and I think that is what it says but it disappears so quickly I may be wrong.

This pop up will flash for a split second then disappear then repeat slightly differently again a split second later continuously until I move the mouse off the message, but it only appears when I try to add drive M: to the database.

Posted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 6:47 pm