Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Build 8055 (2024-04-01)
I'm always eager for all VDJ updates when they become available which is frequent, but I find the latest one to be a bit of a setback, regarding the browser section. While it may work well for newcomers, as a seasoned user, I see it as a huge challenge.

You see, I've meticulously organized my library with virtual folders within virtual folders, all color-coded, leveraging stems extensively. This system has been crucial for me to locate items swiftly. However, with the recent upgrade, all of that organizational structure vanished, along with the color coding.

I wonder if it's possible for future upgrades to be more modular. For instance, could the browser section be upgraded to lists for those who prefer it, while still allowing users like me to retain the current browser setup? This way, we can still benefit from other enhancements introduced in the 2024 update while maintaining our preferred browsing style.

I have added a jpeg which is blurred just to illustrate the colour coding rather than the names of the folders. I look forward to a reply. Thank you

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 2:22 pm
virtualfolders shouldn't loose their colors.
Where are your top-level virtualfolders located? at the root? or inside some other folder?

Posted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 7:15 am
All under local music ?
Same level as sampler
volumes
my library etc

Posted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 6:07 pm
Indeed. We just fixed in the next build. Thank you for reporting it.

Posted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 8:36 pm
I can't seem to find the add folder on the new build. it's been removed from the sidebar.

Posted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 10:20 pm
Ahh That is amazing news, thank you all !!

Posted Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 7:18 pm

Posted Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 7:23 pm