Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Query on stems pad page layout using Numark DJ2GO2
Been doing some mapping for a gig this weekend and found a small problem.

If I click on the pad page selection directly for stems I get this layout with pad 4 as acapella:

However if I use the pad mode button on the DJ2GO2 to cycle through it gives me this with pad 4 as rhythm

Both options show the same pad page STEMS and if I try to edit it correctly shows pad 4 as acapella. Any ideas?

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 10:00 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Must be some under the hood stuff to play better for the limited number of pads on the device.

I'm not 100% this will work, [ only 98% ]
go into the mapping editor and make a minor change [add a space char or something]
close the editor
open settings, click the gear icon in the bottom right corner
close vdj
the home folder vdj just opened, go into \pads
rename the stems.xml to something else like "stems_.xml"
reopen vdj
open the pad editor
find stems page in the pad page editor list [not stems_], right click it to hide it
then any button you have that used to call stems page remap it to call
pad_page stems_

I think you'd get consistent behaviour after doing that.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 10:54 am
Think it's probably easier if I just create a new custom pad page with the exact commands I need for that controller.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 4:24 pm
same difference really, probably less work my way of doing it, but writing your own thing for your own thing is something I can get behind.

If you have any questions..., well you're not the kind of guy to get stage fright asking questions. :)

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 4:59 pm
Not at all, but it seems like a bug somewhere.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 5:06 pm
no not a bug, just an inconsistency chosen to match the hardware, caters to "got the gear, but no idea" , the type of user that would even spot the inconsistency is the type of user that would go about fixing it to suit themselves.
Not a design failing, there's two incompatible choices and they favoured making it simple for the basic user.

Should the layout considered this for the 8 pad layout? maybe but 4 pads is an outlier, and 8 pads is the norm, and they design the 8 pad layout to make as much sense as possible for 8 pad users. This kind of thing is why I can just suggest stuff on a case by case basis, and it works. Devs have to consider everything, every device, and once a standard has been set they do their most not to change it.

[you know the screeching from every 8.X update, I'd love to reply "did you try... looking? (it's a program not a bomb. try stuff, read the release notes) ]"

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 6:06 pm