Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Cannot access 2nd page of hotcue pads in a DDJ-FLX10
liamPRO InfinityMember since 2024
I got a DDJ-FLX10 with out of the box mappings and I'm trying to access the 2nd page of hotcues (9-16 pads).

By default, when pressed the track instantly jumps to the next (+) or previous (-) hotcue, which is kinda weird to me, coming from rekordbox. I checked the mapping and it is set as:

pad_param +1

I tried changing it to
pad_page 1
and
pad_page 2
but that instead makes it jump to the "Pad FX 1" pads when I press next, and nothing happens when I press previous. I assume I'm misunderstanding what `page_page` does.

I stumbled onto this other post https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/257457/General_Discussion/DDJ-1000_vs_FLX-10_mapping.html with the exact same issue, but it's unclear to me what the solution was. It is mentioned to use Hotcues XT, which I installed, but the page buttons still behave the same way (jumping between already existing hotcues).

What's the correct way to map these?

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 1:04 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
change it back to
pad_param +1

PhantomDeejay wrote :
After downloading and installing the page, you can even rename it to "hotcues" instead of "hotcues XT" making it your "default" hotcues pad page for any controller you use...

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 3:56 am
It is currently set as pad_param +1, and it retains the same original behaviour (jumping between existing hotcues).

How would I rename it? I'm not exactly sure where the extension is found.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 1:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
open settings, in the bottom right corner is a gear icon, click it
the folder that opens will have a sub folder called \pads
that's where pads are stored.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 1:17 pm
If you use the addon (Hotcues XL) then:
1) The preferred way is to assign "HOTCUES XL" as your hotcues pad page.
See the manual on how to do this:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads/index.html#controller

2) If you wish to SUBSTITUTE the normal hotcues page with "hotcues xl" globally, then:
Open settings.
Click options.
Click the cog on the bottom right corner of the settings window.
Exporer/Finder should open in VirtualDJ home folder
Close VirtualDJ
On the explorer/finder window that opened up before, open "pads" subfolder
Rename "hotcues xl.xml" to "hotcues.xml"
Start VirtualDJ again.

While there's no problem, or risk on substituting hotcues page with hotcues xl, it is not advised to do so.
You can have both pages on your system, and you can easily assign "hotcues xl" on the places you want it to take over.

PS: "Hotcues XL" works with factory default mapping of any controller. You don't need/have to remap any buttons for it to work.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 1:35 pm
Thanks. I think that got me closer to understanding how this works.

Now I seem to be able to reach the 2nd page with Hotcues XT, excellent! However, I'm still wondering why is this not possible with the default hotcues, or rather, if there's a way to change it through the Pads Editor or if there's some button I'm not pressing.

In the pads editor I see that Param 1 is set to goto while Param 2 has goto_cue. By reading the description I see that this is the behaviour I've been experiencing.

Is there something I can use to set it to pads 1-8 for Param 1 and pads 9-16 for Param 2?

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 2:35 pm