Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Handling m3u's in VDJ 2024
With the change up of structure in how folder and file structures are being handled in VDJ 2024 I am in a bit of a quandary. I created an applescript creating a folder + a number of m3u's to create a template of music structures for my weddings.

With the new .subfolder structure it has a bit of xml formatting inside of each file which would be a little challenging to make in my script.

Is there any method to still handle a m3u inside of a folder in VDJ? Or is that completely gone as an option?

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 3:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can still visit the same folder, and it should still show the .m3u files inside

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 3:16 pm
So very odd, so the original folder that these would be created in is Playlists. This folder and it's contents are no longer visible in the VDJ sidebar.

If I create a new folder manually in My Lists, and deposis a m3u in there, it is not read. It seems only Folder.subfolders and File.vdjfolder is read, and and the new .vdjfolder is XML based.

Right now the only visibility I see is if I navigate throguht Volumes\path\path and ultimately get to where the m3u exists. For now as a bypass I favorite it so I can at least jump to the root of that folder

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 3:28 pm
yes, that is the way to do it in VDJ 2024.
If you want to keep using m3u files, create any folder on your drive, like /volumes/myplaylists, put your .m3u inside, and create a favorite to this folder inside virtualdj.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 3:35 pm
Roger that.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 3:42 pm