Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: What have you done? Playlists now in different format.. :(
For years I have been using VDJ and making my playlists in .M3U format, copying them from the Documents/virtualdj/playlists folder to a memory stick and over to a laptop. Now, with the latest update, v2024 b8056...suddenly my playlists are being saved in Mylists folder with a .vdjfolder suffix and a different format. Why would you do this and how can I go back to my .M3U format or do I just have to take out the recent update?

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
See settings for browserAutoExport
You can still use m3u, the move to .vdjfolder is down to the fact .m3u and .vdjfolder both did the same thing, but .vdjfolder has a bit more capability.

The only benefit to .m3u is that it's a standard used by other apps.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:25 pm
It's a little crazy that you didn't know this before you upgraded to VDJ2024

It's one of only 3 highlighted new features in VDJ2024, and everyone has been talking about it as the one major change (not new feature) since VDJ2024 first came out as an Early Access release

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:37 pm
Thank you. I don't keep up with all the new stuff on the releases. Hence it was a bit of a surprise. Also, I had Check for Updates set on so it asked me to update and I had no idea you had made such major changes. It's not a problem now I know. I have reinstalled an earlier version and disabled updates. I'm fine now thank you.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:53 pm
Locodog...I prefer .m3u as I can also use it in Winamp etc. Also, I keep track of the music I play in a database of my own design so I load the data direct from the .m3u files into the database. the .vdjfolder format breaks this.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nothing stopping you from using m3u.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:57 pm
Fair enough. Now I know I can use browserAutoExport to choose the format. However, does it still keep the Playlists in MyLists or can I also define the location back to playlists too?

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 12:01 am
southern Jiver wrote :
Fair enough. Now I know I can use browserAutoExport to choose the format. However, does it still keep the Playlists in MyLists or can I also define the location back to playlists too?

You should be able to drag and drop them anywhere you want

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 12:16 am