Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Update broke it
so i havn't been using my decks for awhile, just getting back into things. Yesturday i let it update went smooth everything worked as exspected and my controller could connect without issues. Today i loaded it up again and it asked to update again so i let it and now immidatly after the update it wont connect to my DDJ-400 it sees it but just says faild to connect.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 10:50 pm
Virtual DJ doesn't connect to hardware. Yor laptop/OS does
VDJ simply sits on top

So until you get your laptop to connect to the controller, there is no use in trying to use it in VDJ

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 10:58 pm
literaly 12 hours ago it was working, nothing in my os has changed in 12 hours. VDJ just updated for me an hour ago after which point VDJ says it sees it pluged in but nothing happens looking at it in the controllers area shows that its failing to connect. Please eleborate how my os needs to further connect to it when its showing up in vdj just not able to get a connection to it.

below is an image from inside VDJ where it complains that it can't connect to the device it sees.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:01 pm
ok if VDJ breaks from an update and feels like nothing should be wrong reboot the pc, whatever they edited required a restart to finalize but they did not request one in the install. Any VDJ workers out their i highly suggest your lattest update request a restart of the pc at the end and warm of possible uneexplained errors.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:17 pm
Zombie_W33D wrote :
ok if VDJ breaks from an update and feels like nothing should be wrong reboot the pc, whatever they edited required a restart to finalize but they did not request one in the install. Any VDJ workers out their i highly suggest your lattest update request a restart of the pc at the end and warm of possible uneexplained errors.

Again: It's not VDJ
VDJ doesn't handle connections to hardware
That is all done by the operating system

But yes if your operating system (not VDJ) looses it's USB connection to a piece of hardware, a laptop reboot often fixes it

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:49 pm