Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sync to Cloud Drive Removes Local Files?
I don't see any related posts and I am happy I had my library backed up in other places but my entire library was removed from my local computer once the cloud sync was completed. Not only that but all playlists and filter folders were obliterated in the sync. There ALSO seems to be no obvious way to download the cloud tracks to your local drives. This seems highly problematic for anyone wanting to use this as a syncing/backup solution. Any comment from the development team would be appreciated since these seem like pretty large oversights...

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 3:22 am
This seems to be possible to happens if you kill virtualdj in the middle of the first sync, so that the online folder ends up with missing its subfolders, but virtualdj thinks it's been synced. then if on a later session you manually add or remove something from the cloud folder, virtualdj will think the cloud folder structure is the latest, and will "import" the changes back to the local folder, meaning removing all the "missing" subfolders.

It's still a rare situation, but:

1) do not worry, nothing has been permantenly lost. when deleting files or folders because of a sync operation from cloudDrive, virtualdj does not permanently delete but rather moves to the trash. so the missing files and/or folders are in the trash from the OS, and can be easily restored in the OS.

2) a hotpatch has been released a few minutes ago (b8056), that makes cloudDrive syncrhonization be one-way by default (only uploading to the cloud the changes made locally, but never touching the local files/folders). This is how 99% of the users are going to be using it anyway. If you need two-way sync, it's now an option in the settings. (but if you do enable it, be careful not to kill a sync in the middle like in the above scenario).

3) a next build will fix this scenario soon to ensure it won't happen in the first place

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 9:52 am
Thank you for an amazingly prompt response! This seems to address the sync to and from pretty well. I was just wondering about virtual folders and filter folders in my local library now (I tried syncing my playlists folder after the patch but it doesn't seem to be capturing the virtual folders).

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 11:35 am