Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Unable to access to google drive in Vdj 2024 - application blocked
Hi guys,
today i upgraded VDJ to 2024 b8055, and tried to connect the new clouddrive function to my gmail drive account (dual factor access control is disabled).
After the confirmation, google blocked tha access with this: RED TRIANGLE... This App is blocked.....to protect your account, Google blocked the access...
This is the original italian text:
"Questa app è bloccata
Questa app ha cercato di accedere a informazioni sensibili nel tuo Account Google. Per proteggere il tuo account, Google ha bloccato l'accesso."
Any suggest?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 7:14 pm
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Same here, APP blocked by google

Posted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 7:47 pm
Same for me.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 24 @ 8:29 pm
I was able to sign in initially and link my account. It also has not stopped the in progress sync (continuing to take up more and more storage on Google Drive as hidden data). However, it now fails when virtual DJ prompts me to sign in, saying google has blocked the app.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 1:41 am
same

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 7:46 am
Should be fixed now.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 8:13 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :
Should be fixed now.

I'm still getting the same thing. Just tried it less than 10 mins ago

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 8:12 pm
loois33PRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hello same here, first it worked then "application is blocked" and cloud is not working anymore :/

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 9:22 pm
I am having the same issue.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 10:29 pm
How/where can we tell Google not to block clouddrive? I tried to fix it in my google account or chrome security settings but it won't help :/

Here's the error message I get each time I try to activate google drive from VDJ.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 11:32 am
just to confirm, when you see this block from google, do you have "show all GoogleDrive folders" enabled in the context menu for CloudDrive ?

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 1:45 pm
Yes I do have that checked and recording the same error,

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 2:15 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
so that's why.
Google has a very long and slow security validation process, so in order to allow VirtualDJ to access the full drive of users, they need several months of validation.
We didn't want to delay VirtualDJ 2024 until 2025 obviously, so we went ahead and released anyway.
It should be working fine as long as you don't select "show all GoogleDrive folders".

(it used to work to show all folders by clicking advanced and allow, but Google just informed us that they have a hard limit of 100 users that can use the advanced link, after which everyone gets blocked. nothing we can do about it, and nothing they're willing to do either)

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 2:44 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
RCBAudio wrote :
so that's why.
Google has a very long and slow security validation process, so in order to allow VirtualDJ to access the full drive of users, they need several months of validation.
We didn't want to delay VirtualDJ 2024 until 2025 obviously, so we went ahead and released anyway.
It should be working fine as long as you don't select "show all GoogleDrive folders".

(it used to work to show all folders by clicking advanced and allow, but Google just informed us that they have a hard limit of 100 users that can use the advanced link, after which everyone gets blocked. nothing we can do about it, and nothing they're willing to do either)

Indeed, you are right, thanks so much for this tip

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 2:49 pm
vardavas wrote :
Stephane Clavel wrote :
RCBAudio wrote :
so that's why.

Indeed, you are right, thanks so much for this tip

-So no google drive then? I just spent the day clearing out and uploading to it and now it says I am blocked.
Will there be an update that removes GOOGLE DRIVE from the options so others dont waste time?

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 3:02 pm
MuffinMunroe wrote :
Will there be an update that removes GOOGLE DRIVE from the options so others dont waste time?
Google Drive works fine with VirtualDJ.
The only think that is blocked, until Google finalize their security review, is to access from VirtualDJ the other GoogleDrive folders, not the ones that were made by VirtualDJ.
The Lists you make with VirtualDJ, and the tracks you upload with VirtualDJ, all work fine.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 3:13 pm
Yes it worked! Thank you.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 4:29 pm
Tengo el mismo problema que los usuarios anterirores me bloquea la aplicación y no logro sincronizar con la nube. que solución actual existe?

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 6:46 pm

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 7:03 pm
success

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 7:45 pm