Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: PhaseDJ Remotes LED go OFF When VDJ Opens thus Will Not Work. :(
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Okay, so what am I missing here?

My main issue is when I open VDJ (latest version) the LED lights on both Remotes turn OFF as soon as VDJ opens. What am I missing??

I'm a new user to Phase. Purchased the Essential (2 remotes).

I'm pretty good with computers ( using Windows 11 ) and tech but for some reason I cannot get this to work with VDJ 2023 b7921. I have read VDJ's Wiki setup but it's not working so either I'm missing a step or it was not listed.

I am using a Pioneer DJM-250MK2 mixer. Here is how I have it set up:

Phase outputs to Line In on mixer channels (I understand this is not needed due to HID so I want to use HID)
Phase USB to Laptop
Mixer USB to Laptop (to use for audio outputs from VDJ)
When I launch VDJ it detects Phase hardware and DJM-250MK2.
When I launch VDJ the LED on BOTH remotes turn OFF thus I cannot calibrate in VDJ or get the remotes to see VDJ vice versa.

What am I missing here?

Thanks so much!!

Posted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 2:02 am
Check that vinyl mode is enabled on the decks. If they aren't, VirtualDJ in Phase HID mode turns the remotes off so you can use other methods of control of the decks.
Also in HID mode, calibration isn't a thing from VirtualDJ's point of view...it's functioning as a controller for the application. In DVS mode, Phase is supplying a DVS signal to VirtualDJ (as if it were a DVS record playing) so calibration (to the DVS signal) applies then.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 3:22 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
D'oh! I was not selecting "Vinyl" on the decks. I knew I was missing something. Thank you so much!!!

Posted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 8:30 pm

Posted Sun 09 Jun 24 @ 4:08 pm

Posted Sun 09 Jun 24 @ 11:45 pm
trying to get some feedback.

Posted Mon 10 Jun 24 @ 7:19 am