Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Some suggestions and a couple of programs that you should check out
chirroHome userMember since 2020
You have to learn from the competition. In this era of Artificial Intelligence it is important to take advantage of what is new.

The two programs I'm talking about are Algoriddim DJay Pro and Song Master Pro from aurallysound.com

Both have absolutely superior beatgrid detection than Virtual DJ uses. In the case of DJay Pro, they call it Fluid Beatgrid

For DJs who primarily use human-played music, Fluid Beatgrid is a gamechanger. Avoid having to spend many hours adjusting a grille that is never perfect. In only a few seconds, everything is ready. This allows you to create perfect mixes and use rhythm loops among many other things.

These two programs that I mention use this type of "fluid" detection for the beatgrid.

Song Master Pro has another couple of things that would be great for Virtual DJ to have. The first is a fairly precise automatic detection of the different parts of a song, and the second is Autopitch. This allows you to adjust the pitch of a song when it's not exactly right.

In older songs (many of them digitally ripped from vinyl), not only does the tempo fluctuate, but the pitch can also be slightly above or below correct. This makes the harmonic mix inaccurate. Autopitch fixes this.

Another thing I can't get to work correctly in Virtual DJ is the automatic gain detection. I always have to touch up the levels by hand, I don't understand why. In other programs (for example the two mentioned) the automatic gain is perfect and consistent.

And of course, please make it easy and possible to export Hotcues and Loops between different programs. Use the Serato format, which seems to be what all software currently supports.

And finally, try to make it possible to use Apple Music with Virtual DJ.

Those are my suggestions for the new version (2024) of Virtual DJ. I'm looking forward to becoming a Pro user.

All the best.

Posted Sun 31 Mar 24 @ 4:50 pm