Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Stem exist" filter in the browser view
Please add a column in the browser view (or also automix view) that shows if prepared stems already exists for a track.

It would be nice being able to directly spot tracks that need stems precalculation, eg during playlist preparation.

Posted Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 2:05 pm
To directly spot those tracks that do NOT have prepared stems, one can create COLOR RULE, to show the tracks without prepared stems, highlighted, with your color of choice.

Color Rule would be:
Prepared Stems = 0

and if you have say Tidal and say beatport, and to NOT also color those, (since prepared stems cannot be calculated for Tidal and beatport), use this color rule to only highlight those tracks that one could prepare stems for:
Prepared Stems = 0 and File Path is not Tidal and File Path is not beatport

PS
Note: the above can also, be used also as a QUICK FILTER, to momentarily toggle on, to see the list of tracks, that need, to have, stems prepared, in any virtual folder or playlist.

Posted Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 3:08 pm
My main goal is to spot tracks without Stems when they are loaded into the automix prepared playlist.
So that I'd not be supriesed with live-calculation of stems.

But I cannot use color rule, because 90% of my library is not precalculated, and thus nearly all tracks would get that color in the browser view.

The quick filter is ok as a workaround if I prior save my automix as a playlist, and then toggle the quickfilter.
But that's only suitable during playlist preparation.

It would be way more handy being able to spot those tracks live.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 8:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So what is wrong with just looking at the icon? (Also you could make the opposite color rule)

Posted Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 9:09 am
membersound wrote :
My main goal is to spot tracks without Stems when they are loaded into the automix prepared playlist.

Which is perfect since COLOR RULES work in every playlist, and in SideView > Automix.
(as well as all virtual folders, and all SideView tabs)

On the other hand Quick Filters work everywhere except, the Sideview tabs (including Automix)
Quick Filters will work perfectly as you mention in your prepared playlist, to quickly/easily find those tracks without prepared stems, so they can be R-clicked > Batch > Save Prepared Stems.

Just wondering what is reason to have stems for use in an Automix playlist, seems would be easier to create a custom button to turn off the stems engine, when using Automix,
if the concern is being surprised with stems calculations when using Automix.

Or create custom button to toggle Automix ON (and toggles off the stems engine).

membersound wrote :
It would be way more handy being able to spot those tracks live.

think you must have seen PhantomDJs comment.. that the tracks Icon is modified for tracks that have prepared stems. So yes one can spot them live..
and, was assuming that was not noticeable enough ..and thus suggesting "Color Rules", to help make finding them easier.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 9:25 am
Here are the icons you can clearly see. First file has no stems but the second one does hence the bolt icon.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 9:52 am
Omg, I didn't notice the change in icons. That's indeed what I was looking for all in all. Thanks for the discussion guys!

Posted Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 10:22 am