Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Remote App: Saving location of the custom_buttons
Hi!

I made myself a skin for the remote app which I can use to sort my library.
It has got a lot of custom_buttons in it because they are very useful for this purpose.
It worked fine until the update to the new remote engine.

Now the custom_buttons are "empty" although they are still listed in the "customButtons" setting.
And if I map one of those custom_buttons in the remote app, this button does not appear in the "customButtons" setting.

This brings me to the question where the custom_buttons from the remote app are saved now, if not in the old location (inside the "customButtons" setting)?

- Thanks!

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 10:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Custom buttons are independent on the remote, so that you can have a specific set of custom buttons on the remote independent of main.
If it's your own remote skin, you can use remote_action "custom_button 1" to use the custom buttons from the main computer though.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 8:13 am
Adion wrote :
Custom buttons are independent on the remote, so that you can have a specific set of custom buttons on the remote independent of main.
If it's your own remote skin, you can use remote_action "custom_button 1" to use the custom buttons from the main computer though.

I guess very few people can understand how satisfying it is to have such great developers who think through their details. 😅
Made my day again!

Thank you!

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 8:22 am
Just out of interest. Where you able to modify the lay out also?? I had some experimental time with the APP too but was wondering if the split screen (which was available in the old APP) can be activated somewhere.. didn't found any buttons for that yet.
The only workaround I found was to simply drag items (with two fingers) and tip a folder with a third finger. But that's kinda crampy.. :D

Posted Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 8:14 am
MacGyverGear wrote :
Just out of interest. Where you able to modify the lay out also?? I had some experimental time with the APP too but was wondering if the split screen (which was available in the old APP) can be activated somewhere.. didn't found any buttons for that yet.
The only workaround I found was to simply drag items (with two fingers) and tip a folder with a third finger. But that's kinda crampy.. :D
So for my side I think I can't help you with that 😅
I have no experience with split-screen-stuff wether in the old nor the new app 😅

Posted Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 4:05 pm
Adion wrote :
@adion:
Does this also count for
browsed_song 'rating' "X"
?
I tweaked around a little bit with "remote_action" but can't seem to get it solved.

In case this is possible, what is the correct script for that?
I want to rate the files in the browser on the main computer and I want to query the rating also.

Thank you!

Posted Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 4:10 pm