Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: M3U to new "My Lists" and Buggy Reset Root folders/ Root Elements
Few issues on Apple Silicon M1 13.6 (22G120) with build 8000 early release:

1. M3U files that were not converted do not appear in My Lists - This is going to be a problem with using Crate Hackers software which puts the saved m3u files in the Playlists folder.

2. What format is the new playlists and how can we replicate this externally. ie what format

3. On the Mac the Reset Root Folders and Root Element functions don't work. the Reset Row Folders appears and every so often it changes to Root Elements can't reproduce when exactly but even selecting the Root Elements Reset option does nothing and doesn't return Lists & Advice

Posted Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 12:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 navigate to old playlist folder via local music/drives, make it a fav folder move it into lists [all in app]

2 new format is a slightly tweaked virtualFolder, xml format, but you can export any folder as a few outputs html, text, m3u

Posted Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 12:49 am
Thanks Locodog, I figured out how to add to favorites as the working solution. Appreciate the feedback on the new format.
I see we can find the new playlists in the Favorites folder then manually convert it too.

The Reset Root folders / Root Elements a weird issue on the Mac. it's still not working on 2024-m b8017

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 10:24 pm