Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tags within opus files are not recognized
This has already been mentioned 1-2 times in this forum, but unfortunately it still doesn't work:

I have some opus-Files with metadata. MP3Tag recognizes these tags correctly and can also change them. However, if these files are imported into VirtualDJ (current version b8000), the tags are not recognized and the title and artist are displayed based on the file name.

The reverse does not work either:

If tags are written to an opus file with VirtualDJ (tag editor), these tags are not recognized by MP3Tag.

The MP3Tag software should only be used as an example. I have tried 2-3 different tag-tools. By the way, the options in VirtualDJ are set correctly (getTagsAuto=Yes, getTitleFromTags=Yes)

This seems to be a small bug of VirtualDJ. Can any of you confirm this?

Thanks

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 1:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Opus tags are indeed not supported at this time

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 4:48 am
opus files usually have a very good quality with a good compression rate - better than mp3 or m4a.

Would it be possible to integrate the recognition of metadata (tags) in opus files in one of the next updates?

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 8:01 am
Seconded, but to include MKV. I am ripping to MKV more and more these days because the container can handle FLAC, and since disk space is just not the issue that it used to be.

Thank you, developers, for considering.

Posted Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 5:27 pm
Again, problem is not codecs. They play perfect well in VDJ. It's the tags that get messed up when hyphens are in the filenames.

Posted Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 7:25 pm