Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Mega.nz Cloud
halo196PRO InfinityMember since 2009
ive just been playing with the new beta update 2024 can we have a mega.nz cloud on there as well

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 1:43 am
halo196PRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 2:23 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Not sure Atomix Productions will support all Cloud providers as it would mean a maintenance for each.

It is always possible to create something similar with VirtualDJ SDK (Online Source plugin) by using the API you provided, at least to download from Cloud.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Plugins_SDKv8_Example7.html

Posted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 7:13 pm
@djcel I basically had the same question for @PhantomDeejay wrt Nextcloud as a source - he supplied the same SDK docs. I haven't played around wth it yet but it looks workable. I see the docs say it puts it under "Online Sources"...does this behave similarly to the Cloud sources in terms f the way the collection/tracks are handled?

Do you guys see value in expanding the SDK to allow for persons to provide their own Cloud Storage implementation (and probably contribute the implementation back as an extension)?

I ask because that would be a powerful thing to provide to us as users who don't necessarily want to align with the "Mainstream" storage providers.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 11:31 pm
Currently drag'n'drop to the folder inside VirtualDJ is not supported by the SDK so uploading to Cloud should be done outside VirtualDJ. Otherwise, it should be possible to develop what you want. It is a plugin (dll or bundle) so you are just limited by your ideas.
You can communicate with Cloud providers or websites (including openai).

Posted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 7:19 am
Very usefull too to define:

typedef struct _IVdjTrack
{
string uniqueId;
string title;
string artist;
string remix;
string genre;
string label;
string comment;