Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Repeating a scratch routine in a pad
Hi. I have a scratch routine in a pad called scratch_dna 'DeBaDeBa.DeBaDeBa' in Pad 1. When I click the pad, it will play the routine in the deck once and then stop. I am trying to figure out a script that will get the scratch routine to play over and over in the deck. Is there a way to do this by keeping the pad button pressed or to keep it playing over and over when I click the pad button once?

Thanks.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 1:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
repeat_start scratchLooper ? effect_active 'scratch dna' off & repeat_stop scratchLooper : scratch_dna 'DeBaDeBa.DeBaDeBa' & repeat_start scratchLooper 2bt -1 & goto -2 & effect_active 'scratch dna' ? : scratch_dna 'DeBaDeBa.DeBaDeBa'

without too much thinking I made this, it will drift without quantize on.
I had a hold down version a while ago but I can't find it now, this one is press on press off

Posted Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 2:51 pm
Thanks a lot. It is close, but it doesn't just play the routine. It will finish by playing the sample without the routine. I just want it to repeat the routine within the sample.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 3:22 pm
OK so after tinkering with this for a while, I had to edit some of the scratch samples to make them longer with just silence by using a wave editor. I then created this script in the pads with different scratch routines. When clicking the pad button, it will set the scratch sample to loop with the scratch routine. You just have to select the length of the loop. This is an example of a Baby Scratch in Pad 1:

scratch_dna 'CADA.EAEA' & play & wait 100ms & cue_stop & wait 100ms & scratch_dna 'CADA.EAEA' & cue_stop & loop

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 3:33 pm