Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hide the showMusic, showVideo, showKaraoke buttons from the browser?
seanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I just did a fresh install of VirtualDJ and realized these buttons weren't shown:

I don't use these filters and was wondering how I can hide them from my current install? I can't seem to find an option to turn them on and off, what triggers them to show?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 5:47 pm
Open Options, search in Options tab 'show' and select showvideo or show music or even... karoake if you must...
and they should repopulate on the side

should also be able to show them from small radio button at the lower left to bring up the menu

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 6:00 pm
Both of those methods you mention work for showing the buttons but not for hiding the buttons, is there a method for hiding them again once they're shown?

For clarity I'm not referring to clicking the button to show/hide videos, I'm trying to get VirtualDJ back to its original state where the buttons aren't shown on the skin at all, as it is when Virtual DJ is first installed.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 4:12 am
Click on "X" on all 3 options to clear them back to their default values.
This I think should also remove the buttons

Posted Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 7:02 am
It doesn't remove them unfortunately. I just tested on a fresh install of VirtualDJ, once you enable any of the 3 options the buttons show and then you can't turn them off.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 8:56 am
Why do you want them turned off anyway? They do no harm being there whatsoever.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 9:01 am
Ah, got it, you have to clear showMusic, showVideo, showKaraoke and then restart Virtual DJ... of course! Thanks for the help guys.

@KRADCLIFFE I want them turned off for the same reason I create VDJ scripts and skins because I value customization 😉 if I didn't... I'd be using Rekordbox.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 9:07 am