Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: POI: saved loop without certain stems
I would like to have loops with only the stems of the hihat and kick.

What i tried so far:
I have created an action point right after the beginning of the loop: (only_stem Rhythm). This works as a toggle, so the first time the loop runs the stems are working as intended. When the loop returns tot the beginning the other stems are enabled again, and so on.

To stop the toggling i tried to create another action point right before the end of the loop with the same function, this partly works. It seems like sometimes one of the actions is not fired correctly. This results in a loop with the desired stems, but not always...

I also tried to leave the loop as it is (without the action points inside the loop) and manually removing the desired stems when the loop is running. Right after the exit of the loop i made an action point to put all the stems back in. This works as long as you remove the right stems with the loop running. When you forget one it toggles the stem you forgot to off.

I'm testing this at home with video off, no other programs are running in the background. I'm on a M2 max MacBook Pro with 32 GB memory. I'm testing without a controller.

Is there a way to automate a loop with only the stems of the hihat and kick that goes back to the normal song with all the stems when exiting (or after exiting) the loop?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 2:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
loop ? : loop 8 & DO STEM STUFF HERE & repeat_start rsStemReset 33ms & loop ? : repeat_stop rsStemReset & DO STEM RESET STUFF HERE

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 2:33 pm
locodog wrote :
loop ? : loop 8 & DO STEM STUFF HERE & repeat_start rsStemReset 33ms & loop ? : repeat_stop rsStemReset & DO STEM RESET STUFF HERE

Thanks, this works!

I have set a hotcue to above command instead of the saved loop i'm using.

On the downside: if i want to start the song from the beginning of the song (and don't want to use the loop) the action still fires when it reaches the programmed action and starts the loop and mutes the stems.

Is it possible to only fire the action when it is called by pressing the cue-point?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 8:00 pm
loop ? DO STEM STUFF HERE & repeat_start rsStemReset 33ms & loop ? : repeat_stop rsStemReset & DO STEM RESET STUFF HERE :

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 8:07 pm
locodog wrote :
loop ? DO STEM STUFF HERE & repeat_start rsStemReset 33ms & loop ? : repeat_stop rsStemReset & DO STEM RESET STUFF HERE :

Thanks again!
I know I'm being picky here but: pressing the hot-cue doesn't set the loop length. It requires 2 button presses, if it is possible i would like to only press one button for this :)

For now i am changing the name of the action point to Loop4 if the loop is that length en press the loop button after the hot-cue

If somebody else is interested in the same thing: here's my action:
loop ? only_stem rhythm & repeat_start rsStemReset 33ms & loop ? : repeat_stop rsStemReset & only_stem MeloRhythm & only_stem Vocal :

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 8:53 pm
in one apoi I'd do this
first change my hot_cue call commands to this

hot_cue 1 & set poiSwitch 1

cue number changes everything else stays the same

for the apoi
var poiSwitch 1 ? set poiSwitch 0 & loop 4 & only_stem rhythm & repeat_start rsStemReset 33ms & loop ? : repeat_stop rsStemReset & only_stem MeloRhythm & only_stem Vocal : 

I hope you understand the logic here.

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 9:11 pm