Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Skipping/Pitch jumping when loading a song in the other deck.
Not sure where my issue might be exactly...but here's what i've experienced chronologically.

September 2023 i upgraded from a DDJ-800 to a Rev 7. I had noticed a very slight barely noticeable momentary pitch shift up and down while a song was playing and then it would correct and go back to normal. It would happen quite infrequently maybe once every 5 DJ Sessions.

Last month i upgraded my laptop from a 2015 Macbook Air to a 2020 M1 Macbook Air. Now sometimes when i'm playing a song and I load the next song on the other deck there's a minor or a huge skip/pitch shift on the song playing. The monitor and the controller don't show that anything has changed or happened and in 99% of the cases it corrects in 1-3 seconds. Though for the first time tonight it probably went up about 3-4% and stayed there. I thought it was some kind of an error from something getting "stuck" behind the scenes if I had beatmatched the previous two songs. But it's also happend when i have manually beatmatched, used sync, not used sync, had varying distance of bpm's, after having cleared the deck out before loading the next song, using the load button on the controller, dragging a song in. It's getting more frequent and happening about 3 times per every 10 songs played.

I have noticed the software is doing so much more in the background now than on my 2015 Mac. If i'm looking for a song say Love On from Selena Gomez all the close matches in my search that i haven't played are being scanned and bpm calculated. Is the system doing too much? Any suggestions of things I could try out? I'd look like an idiot if i had these errors at a gig. SYNC is off in VDJ.

Posted Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 6:23 am