Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to get the MIDI channels to behave like a previous VirtualDJ?
kzbkzbHome userMember since 2021
Hello, I have a Xone K2 that looks like this on VirtualDJ 8: https://i.imgur.com/FFAmv6Z.png

But on the newest VirtualDJ, the channels look like this: https://www.virtualdj.com/img/336311/39477/MidiSetup.png

As you can see, the channel names and those available have totally changed. This is a problem because now the functionality is massively reduced. For example, it seems buttons A, B, C, D can only be mapped to be the same thing, meaning four buttons can only be used as one. This is a huge backwards step. I don't know if the previous buttons were some sort of generic support, but it was way better.

Can I get the controller to be recognised like that again, and if so, how?

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 3:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
query
action_deck NUM

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 3:18 pm
I'm not sure how this would help, LOCODOG? It's not an issue with selecting the decks. I'll explain further?

In VirtualDJ 8 I could choose from, covering four physical controller buttons:

BUTTON_A_RED
BUTTON_A_GREEN
BUTTON_B_RED
BUTTON_B_GREEN
BUTTON_C_RED
BUTTON_C_GREEN
BUTTON_D_RED
BUTTON_D_GREEN

In the new version I only have, for the same four physical buttons:

K22D_BUTTON_ABCD

This seems to mean I can only apply something to all four physical buttons. I can't put something different on Button A, Button B, etc.

In other words, the controller is being recognised and supported differently but with less functionality, and I want the old options back.

How can I achieve this? Perhaps some sort of mapping file I could delete or overwrite, or support I could disable?

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 3:26 pm
I know what I'm talking about.
put it together in your head, there was 4 button mappings now there is one, but there's still 4 buttons on the hardware, they must be deck specified, query the deck to get deck specific actions from the buttons

action_deck 1 ? your script for the first button : action_deck 2 ? your script for the second button : action_deck 3 ? your script for the third button : action_deck 4 ? your script for the fourth button

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 5:06 pm
So in the field for K22D_BUTTON_ABCD I would put something like this?

action_deck 1 ? play_pause : action_deck 2 ? play_pause

Is that formatting correct? And this would make the first button control deck 1 and the second one control deck 2?

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 6:43 pm
Yes, querying the action_deck then calling the same action doesn't make sense [querying the action_deck would not be needed] but it would work.

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 7:07 pm