Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Change the center panel?
Hi. I've been looking, without much luck, for a means to script that the mixer view changes to the scratch view on a jog_touch activity and I can't figure it out. More accurately I want it to show when it is touched and for 3 additional seconds after I am no longer touching it where it then changes back to the mixer. I'm pretty sure it'd be something like [however you call this section] 'scratch' & wait 3000ms & [however you call to change this section] 'mixer'. I just don't know what I'm looking for in the actions.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 3:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
use the eye dropper [script learn function] then call the panel to see the script used.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 3:47 am
That's freaking AMAZING! I didn't even know about that. What a game changer. You're the man, Loco (as always). :-)

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 4:12 am
[Edit] Nevermind.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 4:29 am
Related to this, currently I have mapped

var 'loophold' 1 ? loop_adjust : touchwheel_touch & set '@$mixer20' 2 & up ? wait 3000ms & set '@$mixer20' 0 : nothing

Basically loophold is a shift for a button, but the latter will change to the scratch view in the center panel ('@$mixer20' 2) and then it instantly counts to 3000ms and then changes back to the mixer ('@$mixer20' 0) even while the jog_wheel action is still 'on' (not up, while I am still touching the touch sensor of the platter). I don't understand why this isn't working and what a solution would be otherwise.

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 1:46 am
down is "ON" in button logic.

are you creating a mapping for the, JOG_TOUCH key ?

something like:

var 'loophold' 1 ? loop_adjust : touchwheel_touch & down ? skin_panel 'scratchmixer' on : wait 3000ms & skin_panel 'audiomixer' on

maybe close to what you are after

possible future improvement:
and could also add query for vinyl mode if you wished also, to only show the scatchmixer panel, when vinyl_mod is enabled.

var 'loophold' 1 ? loop_adjust : touchwheel_touch & vinyl_mode ? down ? skin_panel 'scratchmixer' on : wait 3000ms & skin_panel 'audiomixer' on : nothing

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 6:33 am
@cpt nemo, I replied in pm, but the crux is a wait will happen no matter what, you lift off for a few ms then 3s later the wait is over and the var will be set.
better to query down,
on the true side of the reply do your jog stuff and also call a repeat_stop [on a rs script started with the other side of the query],
on the false side of the reply, repeat_start a 1 time rs script that does the panel switch or sets the var

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 11:51 am
Worked like a charm and thank you for the explanation.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 8:00 pm
I actually ended up going with what Loco DM'ed me as DeeJay's suggestion, while still great (and I really appreciated the extra function script, too), seemed to fall to Loco's explanation that "wait will happen no matter what." I'm posting the current version of this script in here in case anyone else comes looking for a similar solution in the future.

var 'loophold' 1 ? loop_adjust : touchwheel_touch & down? set '@$mixer20' 2 & repeat_stop 'mywait' : repeat_start 'mywait' 3000ms 1 & set '@$mixer20' 0

Posted Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 3:59 am
Awesome stuff.. ! !

Yes Locodog's suggestion is much, much better .. (learned also). for the wait state.

wondered why you set a variable, and not just change the panel ?
with something like script below..

var 'loophold' 1 ? loop_adjust : touchwheel_touch & down? skin_panel 'scratchmixer' on  & repeat_stop 'mywait' : repeat_start 'mywait' 3000ms 1 & skin_panel 'audiomixer' on

(I don't know the context for your script, or, maybe again learn something)

Posted Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 4:28 am
I guess it's a Denny skin from the variable name, I think the panel visibility is dependant on the variable.

Strictly speaking skins don't have to use variables to do this, but it is easier for the creator in writing and testing, but in this case Denny has saved panel profiles that we worked out together a while ago, and for that case the only sensible way was variables.

Posted Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 5:18 am
thanks locodog .. you Rock !

understand now

Posted Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 5:20 am