Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJScript custom fast scrubbing and zoom
I wanted to share these for anyone that might be looking to do something similar with customizing their controller mapping. I had to do this to get around some of the limitations of my controller. My controller allows scrubbing with the touch strip but it's far too inaccurate to be useful. My controller does not have a dedicated jog wheel sensitivity knob.

Fast Scrubbing
I wanted to be able to scroll faster through a track by using Shift + Jog Wheel. In the mapping customization screen it showed under "Activity" that this was called SHIFT_JOG.
In the "Action" section I put this code to make the jog wheels move at 8x speed when SHIFT_JOG is used.

This takes the parameter of the jogwheel activity, normally around +- 0.02 and multiplies it by 8, then I pass that modified value into the 'touchwheel' for scrubbing through the track

param_multiply 8 & touchwheel

Zoom (horizontal)
I wanted to be able to control the zoom level of the interface without using the mouse. On my numark mixtrack pro 3, there is a knob that can spin forwards or backwards indefinitely (unlike the eq bands which have a minimum and maximum position. Each 'click' of this knob with the shift key pressed activates the key SHIFT_CONTROL and shows either +1 or -1.

For this one I changed the integer parameter to a float (so we can zoom in/out in much smaller increments), multiply it by 0.05, then pass the value to zoom.

param_cast float & param_multiply 0.05 & zoom

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 10:53 pm