Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Disable Controller when Timcode is on (XDJ-XZ)
hs911PRO InfinityMember since 2021
Hi everyone!
I am relatively new to Virtual DJ even if my first Atomix installation is from 2002 :) I am coming from Traktor now since they seem to not improve overall controller support. So I do very intense testing with Virtual DJ at the moment.

I have a XDJ-XZ and studied the manual here on Virtual DJ a lot, but I have one thing I can't figure out. The XDJ is controlling 4 Decks very well on VDJ, but I want to use 2 of them with the Jogs and 2 of them in DVS mode. My Input/Output Mapping is fine and timecode is working well, but the Timecide Deck is still controllable with the XDJs Deck Features. For example: I load a Track on Deck 2, which is my DVS Deck on VDJ, it automatically loads it also on the right Deck of the XDJ. Thats no Problem until here, it plays fine with timecode but if I accidentally move the Pitch or the Stop Button, the Track will react on this actions even the timecode is constantly moving on.

In my Opinion, the easiest way would be a logic: If the Timecode Deck Button in VDJ is on, every Deck Input of the XDJ should be disabled for this Deck. Is this possible?

Thanks and Greetings,
Harald

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 5:06 pm
hs911PRO InfinityMember since 2021
did it by byself by editing the controller mapping. i just added

timecode_active !0 ?

at the beginning of every button i wanted to achieve this. (Play/Pause, Cue, Pitch, Jog, maybe more to come)

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 11:45 am