Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: So many Duplicates.
Hi all.
I have so many duplicate music files on my VDJ 2023 b7921
Is there a way to get rid of all the duplicates I don’t need without trawling through 240,000 tracks? One at at a time?
I’ve struggled for so long with duplicates!
Many thanks.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 12:18 pm
There is a Filter folder that shows potential duplicate files, but it's always up to you to decide which are actually duplicates or not, and what to do with them.

If you really have that many tracks, and that many duplicates, I would personally use a different approach.
Instead of trying to clean up the mess, I would "start over" clean.
I would create a new music library, by copying selected files from the old one, making sure I don't have dups any more.
Depending on your workflow and your files/folders structure it could take a few days to complete, but it would take far less than if you had to clean up let's say 3000 potentially duplicate tracks.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 12:24 pm
As George says you'd be better to start over and create a nice clean database of the tracks you generally need for the gigs you have.

Rather than storing everything on your PC you could keep them on a cloud service or indeed just use Deezer for any you may not have on the night.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 12:45 pm
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try and start a fresh next week.. Tanks again.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 2:34 pm
MediaMonkey

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 3:56 pm