Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SWITCHING BETWEEN PLAYLISTS - REMEMBER POSITION OF LAST PLAYED IN EACH PLAYLIST
I am new here and am locking for a way to implement an idea - maybe someone can tell me if this is possible with VDJ.
I would like to create 4 or more different playlists with different type of music (rock, hiphop, electronic, oldies, etc) and then i would like to be able to easily switch from one playlist to another at any time - preferrably by having each playlist on a shortcut (for example F5, F6, F7, F8, ...).
When returning to a previous playlist i would like VDJ to automatically continue playing the next song of the playlist (to avoid playing songs twice).
Is this even possible? And if yes, what do i need to do?
My idea is to remote control VDJ by an iphone app and to be able to just tell VDJ which kind of music i would like to play after the current one and VDG to automatically wait till the end of the current song and then switch to the new playlist and continue there till i will switch songlist again.

Thanks for your help!

(Repost because i posted in wrong category)

Posted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 1:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
playlist_load "%PATHTOPLAYLIST" & playlist_remove_played

something like that would do it.

Posted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 1:50 am
Great! Thanks!
So you can write commands and call them via a Shortcut like F9 or Ctrl-F9?
Are there examples for those commands? Are those makros or how are those called?

Posted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 11:04 pm

Posted Mon 26 Feb 24 @ 10:48 am
Thanks for the info!

I am still very new to VDJ. I have seen there is a "Automix" folder i can drop in songs that will then automatically be played with smart fading.
That's cool, but i am not sure how i can do that with my initial idea of having several playlists and switch between them at any time and always play the "next song".

Can i apply the "Automix" functionality directly to playlists or do i have to use the "Automix" folder?
And how would i do it in my case?
Add all songs from a current playlist to Automix, then when i want to change the playlist i would need to delete all "next songs" in the Automix folder and add all songs from the new playlist after the current song.
But when i switch playlists i would also need to check which songs of the choosen playlist already has been played ...
I have difficulties to explain how to archieve what i want ... Maybe i got something wrong?

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 9:00 pm
That's what the script does.

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 10:04 pm
The script doesn't use the Automix folder. Does it?

Posted Mon 04 Mar 24 @ 10:04 pm
it does

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 1:42 am
Oh i see now, the script loads the playlist into the automix folder but will automatically keep playing the current song till the end and then continue with the new song?

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 9:24 pm
It really works - thanks a lot!

For those who are beginners like me:
* Simply create some Playlists.
* At any time call the above script (playlist_load "%PATHTOPLAYLIST" & playlist_remove_played) to load another playlist into Automix
* The current song will still continue to be played but all next songs will be replaced by the songs of the new playlist
* The script does also automatically delete already played song from the current playlist
* Therefore i can now switch between different playlists at any time and no song will be played twice!

GREAT! Love it!

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 9:22 am
One more question:

I would like to create playlists for each genre (rock, hiphop, techno, ...) and have a transition video (a furtune wheel showing the transition to the next genre) played during the 5s transition every time i switch to a different playlist/genre!

Should be doable right?
That would be so cool!!! :-)

Edit:
A transition video created out of a fortune wheel similar to this - i would be able to decide what genre to play next dependend of my mood but people would have the impression that i was randomly choosen:
https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Rock&c2=Techno&c3=HipHop&c4=80s&c5=90s&c6=70s&c7=Hits&c8=Oldies&c9=Chill&col=rbw&time=5

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 9:36 am
Yeah, i think i can answer my last question myself:
I can simply extend my script to do
- first empty the Automix folder
- then add the 5s transition video (depending on which playlist to load)
- then add the music videos from my playlist!

Much simpler than i thought! :-)

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 12:27 pm