Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mix_now button while Automix?
Hi,

is there a way to tell the Automixer to make the transition now (eg on button press), instead of waiting till the end of the song?

I tried creating the following button:
mix_now 8bt

Which works great WITHOUT automix mode.

But while in Automix (Dual Deck), what's happening is that at as soon as the crossfeader reaches the middle position, the old song is instantly cut off, because the new song is already loaded. Which makes it impossible to use.

Automix mode is 'radio', fade length '8', crossfade curve 'full'.

It's the same behaviour is I right click on a song in the automix playlist, and select "Mix now".
Is there a workaround? Or am I doing things wrong?
Thanks

Posted Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 12:03 pm
I've always found that when you double click on a track it'll automatically start playing that and mix immediately. maybe you can set up a custom button to play next track from the automix list.

Posted Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 3:30 pm
It's the same behaviour when I doubleclick a song from automix playlist: the old song is cut off due to load of the new song, before the crossfade finished.

If you all are not having this problem, I wonder which setting is causing it?

Posted Sat 17 Feb 24 @ 7:53 pm
membersound wrote :
It's the same behaviour when I doubleclick a song from automix playlist: the old song is cut off due to load of the new song, before the crossfade finished.

If you all are not having this problem, I wonder which setting is causing it?

Posted Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 5:00 pm
membersound wrote :
Hi,

is there a way to tell the Automixer to make the transition now (eg on button press), instead of waiting till the end of the song?

I tried creating the following button:
mix_now 8bt

Which works great WITHOUT automix mode.

But while in Automix (Dual Deck), what's happening is that at as soon as the crossfeader reaches the middle position, the old song is instantly cut off, because the new song is already loaded. Which makes it impossible to use.

Automix mode is 'radio', fade length '8', crossfade curve 'full'.

It's the same behaviour is I right click on a song in the automix playlist, and select "Mix now".
Is there a workaround? Or am I doing things wrong?
Thanks

automix ? automix_skip : mix_now 4000ms

Posted Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 5:02 pm