Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tracks slowing down for no apparent reason and sound funny
JayelceePRO SubscriberMember since 2017
Hi all, looking for a bit of help if possible, I've just recently got back on the decks and subscribed to a licence with virtual dj, unfortunately its slowing down tracks intermittently and the sound is going funny too. I have checked the drivers, the CPU usage which is really low, I have checked the latency setting and still same issue theres no exact timescale it just happens when it wants after 10 minutes or longer whenever! I have also turned off Stems. I wish i could upload a video of it happening so you can see. Anything else I'm missing? This never ever happened on older versions of Virtual DJ with the same laptop. I'm having to restart Virtual DJ every so often whilst out live which is not ideal! Had to do it about 4 times on the weekend in 1 night!
Any help or info would be great! Thanks
Gav

Posted Mon 12 Feb 24 @ 9:14 pm
More info required:

Are you using Mac or PC? What's your operating system? Which version of VirtualDJ (inc build number)?

You mention drivers - which drivers? Video? Audio? If you're using equipment in addition to the laptop, what is it? Makes and models. You checked the latency - what is it set to?

What format are the files you're playing? What type of files - video? audio? Where are the files playing from? Internal drive? External drive? Streamed (from where)?

You can upload a video to e.g. YouTube and then post a link here.

A screengrab of your audio config would also be useful.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 24 @ 10:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
most telling check would be to run latencyMon [google it for link], intermittent problems tells me it's something kicking in every once in a while.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 24 @ 11:28 pm
Hi both thanks for replying.
Unfortunately not home to give the info required yet as working away.
The only thing I can say is I have downloaded latencymon and give it a run. It has picked something up I will post here when home.
Thanks

Posted Tue 13 Feb 24 @ 5:31 pm

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 5:32 pm
So after buying a new laptop the issues kept popping up in gigs. Tried everything with no joy. In the end I did a gig without a controller and never had a single problem so I bought a new controller ddj flx4 and seems to be fine now no issues whatsoever. I was previously using a Traktor S2 MK3 for like 5 years with no problems until the vdj update so must be some sort of firmware issues with the new vdj.
Anyhow it's sorted thank god 😄

Posted Sat 29 Jun 24 @ 9:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you still have the S2 MK3, could you try to remove the actions assigned to all LED_VU1 to LED_VU6 keys in Mapping and see if you still get any performance issue ?

Posted Sat 29 Jun 24 @ 2:47 pm
Unfortunately I sold it last week.

Posted Sun 30 Jun 24 @ 7:43 am