Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Screen Skin - Show Pad Button with Pad Color
Hi there

I am trying to show the pads on the NI Traktor D2 screen. I have the 'dynamic' text working but am unable to get the any pad color, let alone to match.

Here's where I am at but I have tried some other variations.

<define class="padbutton" placeholders="textaction">
<size width="117" height="15"/>
<text color="textoff3" colorselected="buton" width="117" fontsize="11" align="center" action="[TEXTACTION]" />
</define>

<define class="padpanel">
<visual>
<pos x="+0" y="272-45"/>
<size width="480" height="45"/>
</visual>

<button class="padbutton" x="+6" y="+2" action="pad 1" textaction="pad 1" color="pad_color 1"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5+117" y="+2" action="pad 2" textaction="pad 2" color="pad_color 2"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5+117+117" y="+2" action="pad 3" textaction="pad 3" color="pad_color 3"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5+117+117+117" y="+2" action="pad 4" textaction="pad 4" color="pad_color 4"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5" y="+15" action="pad 5" textaction="pad 5" color="pad_color 5"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5+117" y="+15" action="pad 6" textaction="pad 6" color="pad_color 6"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5+117+117" y="+15" action="pad 7" textaction="pad 7" color="pad_color 7"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5+117+117+117" y="+15" action="pad 8" textaction="pad 8" color="pad_color 8"/>
</define>

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 7:17 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
maybe like this, not 100% didn't test

<define class="padbutton" placeholders="textaction,sourcecolor">
<size width="117" height="15"/>
<text color="textoff3" colorselected="buton" width="117" fontsize="11" align="center" action="[TEXTACTION]" />
<off color="buttonoff" shape="square" border="bordercolor" border_size="1" radius="2"/>
<down color="[SOURCECOLOR]" shape="square" border="bordercolor" border_size="1" radius="2"/>
</define>

<button class="padbutton" x="+6" y="+2" action="pad 1" textaction="pad 1" sourcecolor="pad_color 1"/>	

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 9:32 am
colorselected="buton"

What's a buton? :-)

[Oh it's an island in Indonesia]

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 10:02 am
yeah @groovindj i struggled at first but have come to terms with the naming convention used in the original skin. in my mind i kept reading it as button not buton :s

@locodog it didnt quite work for me but it does now look like a bank of buttons. i've seen a lot of your threads and comments in the few short weeks I've been testing VDJ and I believe I had tried something along those lines given traces of commented out code.

edit: I picked up an error in my reported results. What I did find is that when I forced white using *sourcecolor=white the buttons with syntax color="pad_color x" (as opposed to sourcecolor="pad_color x" ) showed white buttons BUT not on every page. White buttons appeared on all Hot Cues and on three buttons on the STEMS+FX page. When sourcecolor was used for pad 1 I am assuming I see an uncolored button but its probably butoff #050505. D2 pads were always colourful.

ref:
<button class="padbutton" x="+6" y="+2" action="pad 1" textaction="pad 1" sourcecolor="pad_color 1"/>
<button class="padbutton" x="+5+117" y="+2" action="pad 2" textaction="pad 2" color="pad_color 2"/>

btw, how is everyone entering in the code snippets and also attaching pics to the threads

Cheers

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 12:53 pm
When you click to make a reply, check out the very subtle +BB Code syntax text in the lower right corner.

Click that and you'll see a bunch of options.

Pics are for licensed users, but you can link to offsite pics.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 3:43 pm
Odd, I cannot see the + BB Code syntax and also searched the page source code for it. I run Firefox. I wonder if that is also a user restriction. As mentioned I finishing up a 30 day trial of VDJ, I want to replicate my Traktor D2 screen in VDJ. I'm impressed with the scripting and screen customization. The current fx rate however hurts _a lot_!

So I tried outputting the pad_color in the textaction and it works. It shows the text #FF292E for Pad 1 and #DE713B for Pad 2 but the button background shows no color.

code:
<button class="padbutton" x="+6" y="+2" action="pad 1" textaction="pad_color 1" sourcecolor="pad_color 1"/>

so to test my next theory I hardcoded the sourcecolor value

code:
<button class="padbutton" x="+6" y="+2" action="pad 1" textaction="pad_color 1" sourcecolor="#FF292E"/>

this shows the expected outcome, Button Text = #FF292E, Button Color = #FF292E.

For some reason the skin appears to interpret pad_color 1 value differently to a hardcoded value.

I'm at a loss what to do/test next.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 24 @ 4:56 am
neurology wrote :
I wonder if that is also a user restriction

It certainly could be. I'm always logged in here, so I'm used to seeing things from a Pro user POV.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 24 @ 9:10 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ah that's right buttons don't take dynamic colours, one way of doing it.

<define class="padbuttona" placeholders="*padnum">
<visual type="color" source="pad_color [PADNUM]" visibility="pad_pushed [PADNUM] ? get_constant 1 : get_constant 0.5" tooltip="">
<pos x="+2" y="+2"/>
<size width="113" height="56"/>
</visual>
<button action="pad [PADNUM]" rightclick="padshift [PADNUM]">
<size width="117" height="60"/>
<text color="textoff3" colorselected="button" width="117" fontsize="11" align="center" action="pad [PADNUM]" />
<selected color="" shape="square" border="buttonon" border_size="1" radius="2"/>
</button>
</define>

<panel class="padbuttona" x="512" y="512" padnum="1"/>

Posted Sun 11 Feb 24 @ 11:33 am
That'll do it @locodog. Thank you so much.

Just a little tinkering with sizes etc to fit the small D2 screen but it's doing what I needed it to do before making the jump to VDJ.

I really appreciate your help with the above and all the other comments scattered throughout this forum.

Cheers

Posted Tue 13 Feb 24 @ 10:20 am