Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Beat grid off/not right on CDJ 3000's - method - exporting from VDJ
Started using 3000's more now and noticed the beat grids are off on the track files on the usb's compared to the vdj database...after exported from VDJ.
Why is this happening? VDJ ERROR OR CDJ common error? Do I have to adjust every beat grid of every song it does this too for CDJ use? That would be too big of a task.

Pls see pics below.

Posted Sun 04 Feb 24 @ 7:22 pm
You need to go into your POI editor and set the first beat to the first beat. If there is no first beat option then you need to create a new beat grid anchor and label it first beat. Then set it to the first beat.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 24 @ 10:13 pm
I will change the beat grid when on the cdj's next time. But as you can see the beat grid on the vdj version is correct already without me changing anything. When exported onto cdj's it's changing the beatgrid by auto....this means i have to check, adjust every song this does it to and will it save the beatgrid i change??. Can't be changing beatgrids of the same song everytime this is annoying atm...

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 12:11 pm
I will change the beat grid when on the cdj's next time. But as you can see the beat grid on the vdj version is correct already without me changing anything. When exported onto cdj's it's changing the beatgrid by auto....this means i have to check, adjust every song this does it to and will it save the beatgrid i change??. Can't be changing beatgrids of the same song everytime this is annoying atm...

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 12:12 pm
Looking at the pic, I assume the upper waveform is the track analysed by VDJ, with the beat grid correct, and the lower waveform is the one that was exported, and is being read from the flash drive?

Are you seeing this change immediately after the export, or have these files been loaded to a CDJ?

i.e. is VirtualDJ moving the grid on export, or is it being altered by the CDJ?

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 12:39 pm
yes top waveform is virtual dj analysis the correct one. I noticed the change when plugged usb used on cdj back into vdj. I don't know if was altered by cdj or vdj on export. My guess would be cdj tho...

Last week I also exported a song and used it for standalone use... the song had no waveform,key,bpm etc the only track on the usb whole usb. Even tho it is anaylsed in VDJ like every other and was exported analysed. Can you explain this too? I re-analysed it hoping it loads properly into the pioneer equipment next time. The file is not corrupted and plays fine on both vdj and cdj. Just on standalone says it's not analysed.

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 1:03 pm
Yes, that's quite a big change.

I could understand a slight shift, because of the translation process between VDJ's beatgrid code and Pioneer's - like translating between any language, it's not necessarily going to be 100% accurate.

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 1:09 pm
When i change beatgrid on cdj standalone etc will it save it to the usb? Can't be changing this every time be a ballache..Also pls see prev comment i edited and added to it

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 1:11 pm