Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can I get a longer backspin length?
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hello,

Whenever I do a backspin (using the jogs of my controller Roland DJ 808) the backspin itself is not long enough to my taste. There is a system setting in the controller itself (which I already set to maximum), but still it is less than a second while I basically would like a loooonnnnnggg backspin-effect.

Is there a way to set this?

Posted Sun 04 Feb 24 @ 6:53 pm
if you spinning the platter back you could try the backspin FX i think its length is adjustable if i remember right

Posted Sun 04 Feb 24 @ 7:05 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
wickedmix wrote :
if you spinning the platter back you could try the backspin FX i think its length is adjustable if i remember right

Thanks! But using the backspin FX would mean I need to map it to some kind of button or so, while I would like to spin the platter back - or am I overlooking something?

Posted Sun 04 Feb 24 @ 7:44 pm
Map this to a button & adjust the length as desired

backspin 4bt

Posted Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 12:37 pm
Sepatro wrote :
wickedmix wrote :

Thanks! But using the backspin FX would mean I need to map it to some kind of button or so, while I would like to spin the platter back - or am I overlooking something?

No, but it's basically a controller problem. Your controller is not designed to long spin backs. The jogwheel stops too quickly

You can try maximizing the sensitivity of the jogwheel, but that will of course also affect using it in other situations

Other controllers has a way to tighten or loosen the jogwheels, which makes it possible for the jogwheel to spin back further

And on spinning platters controllers you can sometimes do other physical hacks/mods, like I have for instance done on my Hercules T7 (video below), but I doubt that is an option on your controller

But for long back spins on your controller, I think you are probably better off using the FX like suggested. Like maybe allocating one of the fx slots to be your backspin, so you just press the FX button to get your spin. And if you never use for instance your tap button (lot's of people don't), you can also script that to always do a long back spin

Posted Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 12:55 pm
Agreed, you do a longer backspin by spinning the platter backwards for a longer time.

Posted Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 7:19 pm