Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj and older laptops using win10 and win11
Hello everyone.

This is my firts post here, hope you find it helpful

I would like to contribute my experiences to the community and help out.

Although virtualdj is a very robust software and leader in my opinion, when it comes to using it with less strong laptops (like 2 cores with hyperthreading), there are certain problems arising when using tidal, that is sound statering and crackling when loading a track from tidal, while the other deck is playing.
The problem is in windows and is has to do with DPC spikes mainly due to ndis.sys and windows and network throtling.

Here is a solution that has solved the problems completely and has made the system robust without sound crackling when using tidal in virtualdl

1. download Optimizer
https://github.com/hellzerg/optimizer/releases/latest/download/Optimizer-16.4.exe

Here, use as you please by disabling what you feel is unnecessary when it comes to using virtualdj.
Enhancing windows by disabling unnecessary things makes the system more responsive.
Here is what i used for my needs

2. This is the most important part.
Download Quick boost
https://github.com/SanGraphic/QuickBoost/releases/latest/download/QuickBoost.exe

Here, in the general tab use only these
a) instal timer resolution service
b) disable startup telemetry
c) disable powersaving
d) apply system profile tweaks

and in the advanced tab use all

Finally, disable windows network autotuning, you can make a text file, paste the following and rename it to a .bat file

@echo off
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
ipconfig /flushdns
cls
echo Windows Network Auto-Tuning have been Disabled!
pause
exit

This will now allow windows to full throttle the cpu due to network demands i.e. loading a song from tidal and hence avoid the DPC spikes.

Thats all.

I am not affiliated to the above software at all, i am not a programmer, just an end user, and after months of searching and reading and formating windows and trying all sorts of different combinations of various other tweaks by others, none has sorted the problem out, so i decided to do it on my own and it worked.

To my understanding, the network, the timer and the memory tweaks can help any laptop perform better

I hope you will find this helpful

Posted Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 10:11 am