Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The new djay vs Apple joint venture seems pretty bad

Posted Fri 02 Feb 24 @ 7:45 pm
I do not find.
Where do you see problems?

Please explain something about it.

It looks like something was just thrown into the forum...

Posted Fri 02 Feb 24 @ 9:19 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Judge for yourself
https://www.digitaldjtips.com/first-look-at-algoriddim-djay-pros-apple-music-integration/

On top of that there is the cringe worthy (IMO) Virtual Reality gimmick

I actually feel bad for Algoriddim. I'm not sure they knew what they were getting themselves into with Apple

DJay Pro AI is fully supported by Apple (their CEO was an Apple Intern and he gave a keynote at WWDC a few years ago). It just so happens those restrictions come from the recording industry, and the Apple Music vs local music selection is a flaw that they should have resolved before release, but trust Apple will work with them to resolve the problems as best they can. What I'm more worried about is, as DJay Pro AI becomes more mainstream (and they have Apple's help to get marketing in order), will DJay Pro AI (and by extension, Apple) play fair ball, especially when it comes to such features/inevitable future hardware? VirtualDJ kinda banks on this, at least, for mainstream hardware (work with anything is a major selling point for it).
They (Apple) are already in court for anticompetitive practice across their platforms, and they especially don't like to play fair with direct competitors (look at what they did for browsers on iOS).

Posted Fri 02 Feb 24 @ 9:52 pm
It's definitely not a mistake. If the playlist is mixed (local and online) it works without recording and without stems.
That's what the slider is for. Local music or online music.
You just have a choice (how to create your playlist)...
Or you have to organize your music differently (locally on the devices).

Posted Fri 02 Feb 24 @ 10:26 pm
wollerosekauf wrote :
It's definitely not a mistake. If the playlist is mixed (local and online) it works without recording and without stems.
That's what the slider is for. Local music or online music.
You just have a choice (how to create your playlist)...
Or you have to organize your music differently (locally on the devices).

No, inot a mistake. It's just really bad technical design
This is the closest I think I've seen to DDJT failing a new software version/concept (very politely of cause - they always are)
I wonder why Algoriddim agreed to this...

Posted Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 1:34 am