Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Will this setup work?
Hi I currently have an
Vestax analog mixer
traktor audio 6
Timecode vinyl
2 X turntables

I was thinking of adding a Akai LPD 8 mk2 usb midi controller pad to trigger loops/effects ect in virtual DJ. I like my mixer and just want to know if what I’m thinking will work. Can I map the Akai to virtual DJ? Is this something that is done often?

Also, what license is required? It’s home use only but if I purchase home plus “analog mixer” will the timecode vinyl still work under that license?

Thanks

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 1:16 am
Sozcharles wrote :
Hi I currently have an
Vestax analog mixer
traktor audio 6
Timecode vinyl
2 X turntables

I was thinking of adding a Akai LPD 8 mk2 usb midi controller pad to trigger loops/effects ect in virtual DJ. I like my mixer and just want to know if what I’m thinking will work. Can I map the Akai to virtual DJ? Is this something that is done often?

Regarding your current setup it will indeed work, but traktor timecode is kind of famous for not being the best, so you may want to get a couple of serato vinyls (or indeed Virtual DJ vinys, but Serato vinyls are easier to get your hands on) and check if that improves your experience. That is a pretty cheap investment

Regarding adding a new hardware that will generally work, and is often done, but the LPD 8 is generally fiddly to work with. I would suggest a korg nanopad2 or maybe a Novation launchpad instead
Or if you want something that is specifically designed for the purpose, maybe a Pioneer DDJ-XP2, or one or two Reloop Neon

Sozcharles wrote :
Also, what license is required? It’s home use only but if I purchase home plus “analog mixer” will the timecode vinyl still work under that license?

Not sure about that, someone else will know better

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 10:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Timecode indeed requires a pro license.

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 10:28 am