Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ns7III users beware. new update will lose midi control of the ns7III
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so I was DJing last week practicing and I was using my pioneer rev7 during that time Virtual DJ came up and said would you like to update I said yes I had no issues. then later on I switched to my and ns7iii at the club where I DJ. I then opened up Virtual DJ and the controller was just messed up it wouldn't function It was like it had an ailing mid i map the only thing that really worked was the crossfader. thankfully I had my pioneer of 7 with me or I would have been up shits creelK. I spent all day Saturday deleting Virtual DJ and reinstalling it completely fresh. I opened it up the first time it was fine and I closed it and it went insane exactly the way it was then I started thinking it was my screen the Newmark display. I got one of my backup laptops and hooked it up and the ns73 worked fine. lo and behold asked me if I want to update and I said yes. the minute I reopened it after the update I lost the midi again and was not able to use the ns73. after a half of a week of trying to figure out what was wrong it turns out there is a problem with the latest build. I went back to build7746 and its completly fine. if you use the ns73 this will happen to you. it happened on multiple computers and I have three and a 7 threes and they all failed with the newer update
DJ Jamm

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 9:33 pm
I posted this because I want to warn anyone that is using the ns73 with the displays because I don't want them to show up for a gig and have a problem
DjJamm

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 9:35 pm
Thanks for sharing. Are you on Windows or Mac?

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 11:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When you have the chance to connect your NS7 III with the latest Build, can you check from Settings->Controllers tab (post a screenshot too)...
- Click on the NS7III button at the top of the window (next to Keyboard and Remote buttons)
- Click "Edit Mapping"
- See what Decks your device is assigned to ... should be on Automatic (Left/right) (post another screenshot of this)

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 3:16 pm
I will do that when I get a chance but I've been using it and it worked completely fine on the older build for some reason the new build the newest one it would work fine and then when I would shut it down and turn it back on once I turn Virtual DJ back on it would come up and boom the mini was completely non-existent from the controller it would play out of one deck no matter where I loaded it it would play out of the left deck would spin but the Assad would come out of the deck too

Posted Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 1:50 am
here is the kicker it did it on all of my computers and I have three different computers with the Virtual DJ on it..
my gig machine my backup and an old one that I use from the long time ago

Posted Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 1:51 am
it is a Windows laptop

by the way if anyone knows of any brand new super custom built Windows laptops that work fantastic with Virtual DJ and aren't overly expensive I'm looking for something that I can replace this beast with. this is an I-9 desktop processor seger laptop with an RTX 2070 pi it works flawlessly but it's heavy

Posted Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 1:55 am
[quote=DJJAMM]I will do that when I get a chance but I've been using it and it worked completely fine on the older build for some reason the new build the newest one it would work fine and then when I would shut it down and turn it back on once I turn Virtual DJ back on it would come up and boom the mini was completely non-existent from the controller it would play out of one deck no matter where I loaded it. it would play out of the left deck would spin but the sound would be out of right deck with no control of the volume fader. in fact none of the volume faders would work and the start stop buttons on the controller . only way to stop the controllert is to use mouse on laptop screen.

Posted Sun 25 Feb 24 @ 6:38 pm
djdad wrote :
When you have the chance to connect your NS7 III with the latest Build, can you check from Settings->Controllers tab (post a screenshot too)...
- Click on the NS7III button at the top of the window (next to Keyboard and Remote buttons)
- Click "Edit Mapping"
- See what Decks your device is assigned to ... should be on Automatic (Left/right) (post another screenshot of this)

I have been using the build 7831 i believe ... but i will hook up one of my backups to see what the decks assigned 2 . thanks ! Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Posted Sun 25 Feb 24 @ 6:40 pm
DJJAMM wrote :
djdad wrote :
- Click "Edit Mapping"

I have been using the build 7831 on my main gig machine , do not want to risk any more issues ... but i will hook up one of my backups to see what the decks assigned 2 . thanks ! Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Posted Sun 25 Feb 24 @ 6:41 pm