Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to set default color of cuepoints?
The default colors for cuepoints 1-4 seem to be:
red > orange > blue > yellow

How can I change the default color?
And a default name?

For example, I want my cue1=white (name = first beat) always, cue2=green (name = buildup) always, cue3=red (name = drop).

At least when creating the cuepoints for the first time.
Of course, if I change the color of a cuepoint from POIs editor, the new color should remain changed.

Also: how can I change the cuebutton behavior from hotcue to memory cue (means: move to cue point, but DON'T play)?

Thanks

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 8:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 11:18 pm
Excuse me, I searched the forum and the manuals, but did not find a proper solution!
Maybe I should have referenced on that I tried:

hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 "yellow"

This works for the intial cue point creation.
But in case I change the cue color lateron manually with the POI editor, pressing my cue1 button always resets the cue color back to yellow.

That's not what I want. I would like to change the color *only* during creation. But how?

I also tried: hot_cue 1 & (has_cue 1 ?: cue_color 1 'yellow').
But because "has_cue" is here evaluated after the cue point creation, that does not help.

Maybe I have to evaluate the "has_cue" outcome before I set "hot_cue" into a temporary variable, and use this after setting the hot_cue for the color condition. Is that possible somehow?

I tried the following without success:
set %cue_exists has_cue 1 & hot_cue 1 & (var cue_exists ?: cue_color 1 'yellow')

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 7:45 am

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 8:07 am
Damn a little bit to late^^
I have also 2 scripts.

has_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 'yellow'

or
param_equal `cue_color 1` `` ? hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 'yellow' : hot_cue 1

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 8:15 am
Thanks guys, that lead me to the right direction:

set 'cue_exists1' '`has_cue 1' & hot_cue 1 & (var 'cue_exists1' ?: cue_color 1 'blue' & cue_name 1 'Intro (Cue 1)')

(could anybody tell me how to create codeblocks?)

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 2:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you don't need a variable

has_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 'blue' & cue_name 1 'Intro (Cue 1)'

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 2:28 pm