Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Had to show off my new toy in use with VDJ

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 9:07 pm
Very nice :-)

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 11:02 pm
Awesome

Posted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 5:34 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
It's spectacular, what would worry me is its integrity. I don't know if I could hold an event without constantly watching people dancing with their drinks near the screen without asking them to move apart :-)

Posted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 8:03 pm
That looks great, it also makes you look better if it's a bit of a quiet party/event as it gives the audience something positive to focus ON while things warm up......if that makes sense. Also, that has got to be the most colourful DJ controller Skin I've seen, that's almost trippy

Posted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 8:27 pm
serieB wrote :
It's spectacular, what would worry me is its integrity. I don't know if I could hold an event without constantly watching people dancing with their drinks near the screen without asking them to move apart :-)

There's a layer of acrylic covering all the LED panels to protect against this. It slides in under the frame so it's really well protected. But of course you still have the issue with people leaning on it and leaving their drinks on it, just like with speakers and everything else. Need to cover our stuff in bird spikes!

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 11:49 pm
MrDjLinton wrote :
That looks great, it also makes you look better if it's a bit of a quiet party/event as it gives the audience something positive to focus ON while things warm up......if that makes sense. Also, that has got to be the most colourful DJ controller Skin I've seen, that's almost trippy

Thanks! I spin videos anyway so this is a nice alternative to setting up TVs in venues that don't have screens.

I designed the skin myself, all my buttons and knobs on the controller are remapped in vdj anyway so I figured I might as well print their actual functions on the skin. 😝

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 11:51 pm
Looks awesome, especially for music videos.

Far too big to move without a van I guess?

I just mount a screeen in front of my keyboard stand instead, takes seconds to hook on and off.

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 12:02 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Looks awesome, especially for music videos.

Far too big to move without a van I guess?

I just mount a screeen in front of my keyboard stand instead, takes seconds to hook on and off.

That's a great solution too!

The booth came with a roadcase that opens up with a ramp and it can slide into the case fully assembled, transported and deployed. But we quickly discovered that the roadcase is too tall for even a cargo van. You will need a box truck or uhaul to get it around fully assembled.

It does break down fairly easily though, and once I get some cases made for the panels and make a few more modifications, I believe it can be driven around in a normal car or SUV and reassembled in under an hour.

Posted Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 9:16 am
Nice. What kind of keyboard stand is that?

Posted Fri 02 Feb 24 @ 9:29 pm
Ultimate AX48 Pro.

Posted Fri 02 Feb 24 @ 10:43 pm