Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can this been done
Can I make VDJ make a "CUE" file every time I play??

I want VDJ to make a cue file every time I play whether or not I'm recording.

My reason for this is, When I stream Ill some times go back and upload the mix to Mixcloud. But I then I have to look up the history and play the mix back and then go back to Mixcloud and type everything in. It can be a tedious process.

So can this be done??

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 4:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
tracklist.text could be formatted in a way that would be very close to a .cue file.
All it would take is some pretty easy formatting choices, then you'd just have to strip out the (real world)timestamp once recorded, and it would be fit to copy paste into a .cue file.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 6:27 pm
Ok how do I find said file please?

I can deal with the stripping it out but the having to play back the mix, type out artists/title and then the time is a real pain lol

EDIT....

Found it and Thanks Loco

Still wish it was a cue file tho, then I can just drag and drop it in.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 7:30 pm
yeah the wish is valid

here's the formatting for the setting tracklistFormat that will get you very close.
you'll need to start the stopwatch when you start broadcasting
you'll also to increment TRACK NUM, and take out the real timestamp manually when copying the text
\n  TRACK 01 AUDIO\n    TITLE "%titleremix"\n    PERFORMER "%author"\n    INDEX 01 `stopwatch`

After that formatting this is what tracklist.txt is outputting, not perfect but best that can be done without a plugin, I could do a windows plugin, it would just mean copying over your history file from mac(guess you use mac mostly for performance) to windows machine and it could knock out a perfect .cue file
20:06 : 
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE " Mr Happy (Krimp & Squiffy's Bastardized Bootleg)"
PERFORMER "DJ Hazard & D Minds vs Akov"
INDEX 01 08:40.5
20:06 :
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Another General"
PERFORMER "Non Human"
INDEX 01 08:50.5
20:08 :
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Ghetto Story (remix)"
PERFORMER "Jamin Nimjah"
INDEX 01 10:17.5

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 8:14 pm
just a thought, powershell is platform independent, maybe I could write something for that to keep it all on your mac.

...maybe, I know it could do most of it and guess it could do the rest.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 8:37 pm
Ooh this is awesome!! Im definitely gonna try this!!

Thanks and ill try whatever else you come up with as well.

Appreciate the time

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 9:44 pm