Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Animated video logo? - Page: 2
I am glad I stumbled on this thread since I'd been wanting to make an animated video overlay. Despite all my efforts, I couldn't get the black background to key out. I created the animations in Kdenlive, exported them to MOV with Alpha. But that's not *quite* the right codec, so I managed to find the HAP codecs and got them installed into Adobe Media Encoder, then re-rendered. They're displayed flawlessly in VDJ with all anti-aliasing and all transparencies.

Unfortunately at 740x480 and at 43 seconds, they're 440MB files, but I can deal with that.

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 1:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you could post a short clip exported as MOV with alpha we can have a look to see if it's possible to support that too.
The only reference I found about this so far is if the video would be encoded in ProRes format though, which is probably going to be pretty large as well.

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 5:15 am
I'll experiment further when I teach myself a little more Adobe After Effects instead of Kdenlive to see if the native MOV HAP exports are smaller than what Adobe Media Encoder produced (thought I don't know why they would).

At any rate, I'm debuting my first animated video overlay at my gig tonight and I haven't been this geeked out in a long time.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 8:02 pm

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 7:07 pm