Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denondj Prime 4+ and Full Stems problem - Page: 2
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Guys, please continue discussion in English or use the German forum.

Regarding the original issue, just to be clear, when in Full Stems mode, you will not see the GAIN and FILTER knobs on the GUI moving when these are moved from controller, but the hardware knobs will perform the Stems actions.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 10:40 am
No, djdad. Neither in the GUI nor the hardware do any actions when in Full Stems mode.
And this is happening with the Prime 4+ and the MC6000 MK2.
But it's only when "frequencies on the inner channels" is used. In "Frequencies on the outer channels"-Mode everything works.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 3:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I just tested Prime 4, not the Plus but it works exactly the same, and everything works as expected here.
I have ..
- Default Audio Setup and default Mapping for Prime 4 and default VDJ settings
- 4-Decks default skin
- Default 3-1-2-4 Mixer Order
- EQ mode to Stems (Full)
- Keep frequency EQ checked.
- Tried both Inner/outer options and all knobs behave as expected.

Result: Gain and Filter knobs properly control Instruments and Bass stems

EDIT. One thing that might be related, is that this automation for Stems on outer channels is not working if the outer Deck is loaded. But then you said that it's only 2 of the knobs that dont work, so really out of ideas here.

any other Prime 4 user who can reproduce this issue ?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 4:26 pm
Thanks for your really quick support. After I moved my "Settings.xml" to another folder and let VDJ create a new one, everything works as it should.

I tried it with the default mapping before, so there must be something wrong in my settings.
Now I tried my custom mapping with the default settings and it works also.
A big search will begin now :-(
But I will post the reason, why it doesn't work here.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 5:59 pm
I think I found it:
I had the "stemsRealtimeSeparation" on "Fully disabled", because I don't want, that Stems are created during an event and I don't need every song as Stem, just the selected ones, I put in the Stems-Folder.
I think that produces unnecessary CPU-/GPU-load during the gig and needs additionally space.

When I select another entry, both sliders work as they should including the inner and outer setting.
But why not at "Fully disabled"?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 7:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So what you want is 'Prepared' then, so that it only uses stems you prepared before.
This will not automatically create or save stems

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 5:08 am
Thanks, Adion. I will try this setting and many thanks to djdad and you for the great support!!!

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 8:40 am
Wow, two pages of posts, and he had stems turned off??!! :-)

Reading back though, it still doesn't make sense.

If they were turned off - how come it was (apparently) only the "instrumental" and "bass" parts that weren't working? Even if that track had pre-prepared stems.

How come "instrumental" worked in EZ Remix mode?

Also it was claimed that everything worked when the stems were assigned to the inner channels.

Anyway, let's see what happens next.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 10:37 am