Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: synchronize multiple PCs and various questions
I use VDJ on two PCs, one is in the studio and the other is at home, both are identical, have the same files.
during the day I work in the "studio" I comment and analyze my music tracks, in the evening I arrive "home" and I would like to update this information on my home computer but I don't know how. Do I need to copy the playlist files and cache folder from "studio" to "home"?

Is there an easy way to keep multiple PCs in sync?

I used rekordbox with the creative license and by logging in on any PC I had my Beatport playlists updated

I do not know how to do

I understand that rekordbox and VDJ have different agreements with beatport but I think it's absurd that VDJ can't analyze beatport songs in the same way as rekordbox, with rekordbox you analyze 1000 songs in 10 minutes on VDJ it would take 1 whole day due to the limitations. Unfortunately lately many songs on Beatport do not have bpm and need to be analysed.

Posted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 6:43 pm
same playlist curated by beatport, VDJ doesn't indicate the bpm for all the songs, rekordbox yes, I can't understand and resolve

Posted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 7:44 pm
I removed database.xml and beatport started working correctly again, I don't need to analyze the songs. Maybe I messed up the database by continuing to copy from one PC to another. I would be very interested in being able to keep the two PCs synchronized without problems with Dropbox or Google Drive, I ask for help!

Posted Thu 25 Jan 24 @ 2:37 pm
Good Luck!

I've been trying to get this to work for awhile now with no success. Part of the problem is some of the metadata is stored in the VDJ database, and some of it is actually stored in the song file itself. So moving between 2 computers is going to problematic, at least as far as I can see. Ideally, having everything on a portable drive might work, but getting VDJ to read the database you WANT it to use, just doesn't seem possible.

While I started my journey on Traktor, at least on that platform you could tell the app where the files were stored, and where the database was, so moving between computers was easier(that's been so long ago now, my recollection may not be perfect).

But as far as VDJ goes, if there is a way to tell the app where the database if you want it to use, I am unaware of how.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 24 @ 5:28 pm
ZeegoPRO (OEM)Member since 2023

Posted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 12:34 pm