Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to remapp Pause-Button to Breakstop-Effect?
Hi guys,
I want my pause-button on my hardware controller to act like a pioneer "breakstop" effect on pause.

How can I achieve this ONLY when pressing pause on an already playing deck? And also without having to press a different button than play/pause?

Would I have to remapp the play button of the controller?
If so, how? By default maps to "play_pause".

I would need something like: "if deck playing, then apply the FX brakespeed, otherwise simply start the track without brakespeed".

Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 11:20 pm
set RampStopTime in options to 0.875 and press the button while a track is playing

Posted Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 11:26 pm
While RampStop works, it still changes the cursors position, which is bad when creating cue points and stopping with pause!

I thought there could be another method so that the cursor stops at position where the pause button is pressed, but still the stop effect is applied.

I tried "play ? effect_active 'brakestart' : play_pause", which also works, but still has the problem with the cursor on stop.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 11:34 pm
Is there maybe a "go to the last quantized 4th bar" or similar in script?

Posted Tue 23 Jan 24 @ 12:01 am
1) You can create a button that "toggles" brakespeed time.
So, when you want to work with cues you can set it back to 0 and then when you want to play with it, to change it at your desired value.
Something like this: brakespeed 0 ? off & brakespeed 0.2 : on & brakespeed 0

2) There are a lot of "goto" actions, but none that will do what you're after easily. It can be done, but the script (and it's usage) gets quite more complex than just changing brakespeed.

3) You can be smart, and depending on your workflow automate the brake depending on other conditions.
For instance, if you are like me that "PFL" is always on the deck that's going to be live next, you can try this on your play/pause button:
play ? pfl ? brakespeed 0 & play_pause : brakespeed 0.2 & play_pause : brakespeed 0 & play_pause
In other words, if you're previewing the deck (e.g. setting cues e.t.c.) the brake won't occur. But if PFL is active on another deck (and therefore this deck is most likely playing live) it will happen..

Posted Tue 23 Jan 24 @ 10:15 am
3) is a great idea, thank you!
I will either set cuepoints at home (where I could set PFL=on to deactivate brakespeed), or set cuepoints live during prelisten (so also PFL=on). That fit's perfectly as a workaround!

Posted Tue 23 Jan 24 @ 11:50 am
is_audible
might be a better option. Then you're not relying on pfl being on or off.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 24 @ 12:50 pm
@DJPhallus `is_audible` would still be active when being at home creating cues, while listing through the normal output.

With the PFL solution, I still can active the PFL (while not using the headphones at all), and thereby deactivate the brakespeed even on the normal output.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 24 @ 1:13 pm