Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Configuring VDJ to output to two separate formats simultaneously (with a slight delay)
I have wedding gigs where I use one blue tooth speaker in a remote area as well as a wired set of stereo speakers nearby my DJ table. For me to output to both at the same time, I have used either:

"Y" RCA splitters on both of my left and right outputs coming form my external USB audio device; one set goes to my main mixer and the other to a small, portable blue tooth transmitter that I use to pair up with my blue tooth speaker.
OR
you could just connect the portable blue tooth transmitter to one of you unused outputs from your mixer and skip the Y" splitter altogether (and if you have a separate "booth" output, use that so you can use the booth volume control from your mixer to adjust the volume).

The one caveat when you mix wired output speakers with blue tooth speakers is that the blue tooth speaker will have about a 100 millisecond delay. If the blue tooth speaker is far enough away from the mains (and not too loud), it is not too bad. However, those people in the audience that are in the middle "(un)sweet spot" may hear the delay and be somehwat amused (or annoyed!).

Posted Sun 21 Jan 24 @ 1:31 am