Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Switching my stems to replace my slicer on my mixpad
I am getting back into Djing after years off. I have been trying for days to replace the usage of the slicer on my mix pad so that I can use my stems for the pads but I can't figure it out. Im using the Inpulse 300 MK2 controller. Please Help!

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So your mixpad is the Hercules Inpulse 300MK2 ?

Did you read this ? https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads.html#controller

"Replace Slicer ..." Hmm, how did you do that ? It would be easy as following the above link and same procedure to replace with Stems. Hopefully you havent changed the actions assigned to the Pads and the Pad mode buttons of the 300MK2. If you have and the above doesnt work for you, try to start with the factory default Mapping and see if it works.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:43 am
I have also switched my mapping to factory settings and it still won't allow my stems to work. I can't remove my vocals, melody, drums, etc.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Factory default mapping, and you tried the link above to change a Pads page ?
Do you see the page loading on the skin ?

About Stems,... not sure if this is the problem or the mapping....
You can do with the EQ knobs or other way from the skin and not the controller ?

Are you sure Stems is enabled from Options and your computer capable of handling ?
Any chance you try Tidal songs ?

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:49 am
Yes I followed the link above as well but I'm still not able to use my stems. Its almost seems like its not registering because everything else works fine

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:54 am
Yes stems is enabled and I am currently using Tidal songs

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:57 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Stems do not work with Tidal

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 1:46 am
Yay, we got there in the end! LOL

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 8:55 am
Thank you! That's really unfortunate

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:15 pm
Did you get the Tidal survey they sent out? They're asking a bunch of questions of their DJ customers, including questions on stems.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 12:26 pm
This is a complete guess, but I used to work for one of the big music streaming services so I have a little bit of insight on how they operate. I'd venture a guess that one or more of the artists (or rightsholders) whose music appears on Tidal complained about stems and claimed that it was a violation of their licensing agreement to allow Tidal to carry their music if stems were allowed.

Some artists are extremely sensitive about stems and see them as akin to people having access to multitrack masters, which they believe they can command a lot more money for than they get from streaming.

As a result, I'd guess that Tidal disallowed stems for the whole platform while they sort this out.

Eventually stem separation will be built into the hardware anyway so it may not matter in the end.

Posted Sun 21 Jan 24 @ 7:46 pm