Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Controller Recommendations: Aligned to Pro Skin
Team:

I've caught the bug. Been playing with Virtual DJ for a few months on a PC with a large library, and I'm really enjoying this. Have gotten good enough (I still stink, of course) to realize *why* I need a controller.

TL:DR: What midline controllers do you all like which most easily adapt to the VDJ Pro Skin, adjusted such that the effects have that two-knob setup?

I've adapted to the VDJ Pro Skin. Love working with stems, and also love the iteration of effects control with the two knobs controlling strength of effect, and rate/type. So I'd like my new controller to easily adapt to this skin to which I've naturally trained myself.

Context: Most of the midline controllers I see have pads where I can map samples, loops, stems, and such. But they don't have effects knobs similar to what I have on the pro skin. I guess there are ways to map the controller to shift the EQ knobs to do this. But even then one wouldn't have strength and rate/type.

My aims currently are modest: Farting around for my own enjoyment, with a view to occasional house party or small bar gigs. Also would like to be an accompanist to friends who play instruments, using stems and samples. I'll spend money. I'd just rather not spend $2000 for a premium semi-professional deck when for my modest needs there's something around $800 that would do the job just fine.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 24 @ 5:23 am