Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where oh where can we find a simple, easy to follow, written for dummies karaoke tutorial?
Where oh where can we find a simple, easy-to-follow, written-for-dummies karaoke tutorial?

I am using the most updated version.

I have followed so many youtube videos and what little help I can find on this site (do better VDJ!) today and not one of them works for me.

I used VDJ years ago for karaoke and it worked fine. I moved to a dedicated karaoke software because it had better features at that time. It is now time to renew that software again and since it is my understanding that VDJ now saves a singer's history and saves the key changes in that list, I thought I'd give it a try again.

For me, it only saves the first singer and the first song in karaoke history.

It also will not change the key when I am setting up the singer. I can only get key changes to work on the deck. I have no idea if it will save these changes or not since it does not save anything after the first singer and song.

What might I be doing wrong?

The tutorials I am finding, including here, do not address this issue. The videos I'm finding have me doing what feels like 400 steps just to play one song. This can't be correct, is it? It should be much easier than that.

Before you go there, this link, which someone mentioned in another user's post, did nothing for me.

html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/sideview/karaoke.html

Oh - and one more thing. After a song plays, it does not disappear and go to the next singer. (UPDATE: I figured this out. You have to click "start karaoke." But it didn't fix the saving the singer's history or allowing key changes when setting up the singer)

Please help me out here. I've been hosting karaoke since the days of cassette tapes and have never been this frustrated. Thanks!

Posted Sat 13 Jan 24 @ 1:30 am
I would suggest reading the manual to start with, rather than watching videos.

The link you posted does work, and that is the manual. Not sure what you mean by saying it "did nothing".

The manual is also available by following the menus at the top of the site.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 24 @ 10:03 am
groovindj wrote :
I would suggest reading the manual to start with, rather than watching videos.

The link you posted does work, and that is the manual. Not sure what you mean by saying it "did nothing".

The manual is also available by following the menus at the top of the site.

It did nothing as in it didn't work. I did read the manual/ When that didn't work I tried videos. Something is wrong. I've been using VDJ since 2010. Only now having issues with this new build. Something is obviously wrong.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 24 @ 7:03 pm

Posted Sat 13 Jan 24 @ 7:35 pm

Posted Mon 15 Jan 24 @ 7:18 am