Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: POI (Cues, Markers, etc) Follow Set List
NOTE: I posted this in the Wishes Forum but thought I'd post it here just incase this is possible and I'm not realizing how to do it? Thoughts?

When using a track in a certain setlist (playlist), I fill the track with cue points, markers for notes, etc. The problem is when I want to use the same track for a different setlist but in a different way, all those POIs from the first set list are still there. I could always make a copy of the file and just have a second track but that muddys up my library.

It would be amazing to have the ability to set the POIs to follow the set list. Or maybe even a special POI type added to the POI editor that allows you to select the playlist that track is in. So when you load that track from the playlist, only those POIs show up.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 24 @ 4:29 am
It might help to be a bit more specific, rather than just saying you're "using a track" and "in a different way".

What exactly are you doing with this track and all the cue points?

Posted Wed 10 Jan 24 @ 10:04 am
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
but in general poi's is for each track ... so wherever this track appears it will have the poi's you have entered..

Posted Wed 10 Jan 24 @ 10:04 am
groovindj wrote :
It might help to be a bit more specific, rather than just saying you're "using a track" and "in a different way".

What exactly are you doing with this track and all the cue points?

So let's say I use the track in Playlist A and I have specific POIs set on the track inside that specific playlist. But then I also want to use the track in playlist B and have completely different POIs. When I build playlist B, I would want that track to basically have no POIs so I can start fresh. Does that help any better?

Posted Wed 17 Jan 24 @ 9:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
copy the file, don't add it to the search database.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 24 @ 9:42 pm

Posted Thu 18 Jan 24 @ 1:18 am